Looking for some Vegetarian friends!

Options
daisy89
daisy89 Posts: 151 Member
Hey guys, I'm new here and would really like to have some vegetarian friends from this community.

Are there many of us here?

I've been a vegetarian for years, since I was 13. I've also found that it can be pretty easy to fall into
the junk food vegetarian trap. But, I'm slowly starting to get my self out of it!

I've also tried to go Vegan quite a couple of times, it's just a very difficult transition for me. Any tips
from the Vegan community?

Replies

• meredith414
    Options
    Hey I sent you a request :) I'm a vegetarian too and I was a vegan for most of last year. I wouldn't recommend it. My hair starting falling out by the handful and I got really pale. People were worried about me. I did everything I could to get enough protein. Ate lots of tofu, nuts, seeds, etc and nothing worked. It works for some people I'm sure, just not me.
  • jennygurumi
    Options
    Hi I just joined and I am a vegetarian of over 6 years. :)

I try and eat a lot of my food in it's natural form but then I also eat at least some junk food daily. I also want to learn to cook more vegetarian meals as I eat many of the same things each week.
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like! I've been vegetarian for 12 years. My diary is open to friends.
  • servingthealiens
    servingthealiens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian as well. Vegan wouldn't be a healthy choice for me due to some health issues, so I can't help you there, but feel free to add me if you like.
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just addd you as a friend.
    I've been a vegetarian for almost three years and would love the extra support from other veggie-friends :)
    Recently, I've been trying do go more vegan, but it hasn't been permanent yet.

Great to meet you!
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for fifteen years or so. I was vegan for about ten years (and even had a baby while vegan!) and my son is vegan. He went vegan at 4 on his own and has been vegan for five years!

I'd love to be friends!

Also, I vote for anyone trying veganism. I am not vegan currently...but i do think it's healthy. I never had my hair fall out or nothing like that. I went through pregnancy and breastfeeding as a vegan and i was very healthy. My baby was (and is) healthy. Maybe it doesn't work for everyone, but I think its the kinda thing that requires an awareness of how to do it right. You need to eat flax seed oil (the only source of essential fatty acids) and vitamin b12 supplements (highly recommended)...

I'm not vegan now because, well, I like feta cheese and eggs. I still eat and bake mostly vegan, so if you want baking tips or meal ideas, I'm your gal!!
  • odaatsue
    Options
    I'm a dietary vegan...haven't quite made it out of my leather shoes. I can't imagine eating any way other than this - I love it!

Feel free to add me as a friend!

:heart:
  • Jena13
    Jena13 Posts: 8
    Options
    hey recent convert. been completely vegan since the summer, i can;t say enough good things about it. feel better than ever!
  • Pam2kids
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for almost 20 years. I am making a second attempt at a low carb diet. It worked for me the first time and wish I had hung in there and finished the job. Without time took, or a desire to hang out in the kitchen, I lasted only a few weeks. This time I plan on seeing it through.

I miss my fruit and the high carb vegi's and the bread.