Low calorie/low sugar alcoholic beverages?

Options
I'm a college student, and the majority of my friends drink a lot of beer and white wine, both of which have a lot of unwanted calories. Especially now that I'm legal, I've been celebrating with friends and family. Luckily, I'm a really slow drinker. Normally I'll do vodka with a low calorie fruit juice and maybe some fruit slices.

Replies

• 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet (anything) is always a good choice.

Dry reds like sauvignon cabernet and chianti are pretty low also @ 90-125 per 5oz glass.
  • shapelyJ
    shapelyJ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Gin + Tonic
    Vodka + Soda
    Rum + Soda
    etc

Basically any mix of strong liqour and diet soda.. :(
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    gin and diet ginger ale is my go to

basically any spirit and diet pop/sugar free juice is your best bet. wines are alright calorie wise but i hate the taste and the hangover, go for darker beers like Guinness if you're a beer drinker

eta getdrunknotfat.com
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Wine. There's nothing wrong with wine. Calorie for calorie it's fine. Drier is better. Red is better than white (except for taste).

Vodka and club soda, or vodka and diet sprite...

To stay lower calorie avoid the mixers, avoid complex pina colada type drinks.
  • abrooks54
    abrooks54 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Vodka on rocks with a lemon.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Vodka, Diet coke, Lots of ice & a slice of lime............ MMMMM!!!

Could drink that right now : )

Stick with white spirits + diet/soda's
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    vodka + club soad + lime slices
  • SarahxApple
    SarahxApple Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Vodka with soda water and a squeeze of fresh lime also gin with this. Red wine has less sugar than white (generally speaking), go for ale over lager or cider although they sometimes have more calories you won't drink as many. Steer clear of rum as it's essentially just sugar.
  • SarahxApple
    SarahxApple Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I realise you are American and probably don't differentiate between lager/ale/cider so ale is generally darker and non-carbonated if that helps.

DISCLAIMER: I don't mean to offend anyone with this comment, just an generic observation.
  • LindseyLinea
    LindseyLinea Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    There is also low calorie beers now too such as Miller 64 and Budweiser 55.
  • DynamicDiva
    DynamicDiva Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've asked this question of my pals too and I've received the same info as listed above. One pal likes to put Mio in her vodka shots.
  • shapelyJ
    shapelyJ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I realise you are American and probably don't differentiate between lager/ale/cider so ale is generally darker and non-carbonated if that helps.

DISCLAIMER: I don't mean to offend anyone with this comment, just an generic observation.

I want to "like" this, haha
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,495 Member
    Options
    I like vodka and soda with fresh lime. I also love me a good hefeweizen(wheat beer!). Moderation, my friend.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,495 Member
    Options
    There is also low calorie beers now too such as Miller 64 and Budweiser 55.

These just make me sad. I'd rate have real beer and account for it, than even contemplate that garbage. :sick:
  • katieca123
    katieca123 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Definitely some things to try. Luckily, I'm a slow drinker, which works in my favor
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    Smirnoff Ice Light is only 80 cals per bottle and it's pretty tasty
  • clau_nectarina
    clau_nectarina Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Moijto with calorie free sweetener (like stevia) instead of sugar or syrup.

Also, a shot of tequila with half a shot of lime juice. Mind, this only works if it's good tequila (añejo or reposado) and enjoyable to sip little by little (say, 8 sips per shot). It won't work if it's the bad tequila that you down in a single gulp to get super drunk.