What's your favorite vegetable?

Options
Ilovepeppers
Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
What is your number one favorite veggie and how do you cook it/eat it?

Replies

• ElizabethDante
    Options
    I love spuds! Mashed :D or baked !

Either that or carrots raw :D
  • MindyC7609
    MindyC7609 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's a tie between carrots and sugar snap peas. I love `em both RAW!
  • WEN575
    WEN575 Posts: 34
    Options
    corn. MMMMM I LOVE corn, on the cob or kernels, I don't care.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,270 Member
    Options
    Broccoli steamed with a lemon wedge squeezed on it.:laugh:
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    It's so hard to pick just one! I think beets - roasted beets! I love them!

But ANY other veggie roasted is tops in my book too. I can't think of one I don't like!!!
  • stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I love green beans! I typically either steam them in the microwave or roast them. Then I love to spritz them with some spray butter and whatever spice I feel like sprinkling on (my favorite is Garlic & Wine seasoning).
  • lizm64
    lizm64 Posts: 8
    Options
    Corn with lots of butter, not that I eat it that way now-no way uh-uh. LOL
  • Smiley68
    Options
    Tomato's fresh from the garden. If they are out of season I would say brussels sprouts or broccoli, yet i never really have time to cook them very often. I mostly use a slow cooker these days because of time management.

I think the best way to make brussels sprouts is to put in a skillet, when frozen, add a little of water and olive oil. Cook the water out and brown them a little bit and season to taste, i use salt and pepper.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    tomatoes. NO question.
    IN SUMMER:
    * raw in summer fresh from the garden
    * roasted and grilled

IN A SEASON WHERE I CAN'T GET THEM LOCAL AND FRESH:
    * sundried and crushed as a salad topping
    * drunk as tomato juice both cold and warm (with a bit of hot sauce)
    *canned and added to soups, stews, casseroles
    * made into pizza or enchilada sauce and added to eggs, chicken, beef, pork, other veggies, you name it.

And sometimes, when I'm at home alone, a can dumped in a bowl with a cup of frozen spinach and a cup of water, and eaten as spinach & tomato soup. Just like that. Maybe some cayenne pepper. Or not.
  • amycrims
    Options
    brussel sprouts! i cut them in half and put them face down in some oil and garlic then once they're brown then i pour about 1/2c water in and let them steam the rest of the way through til the water is gone.
  • husstler
    husstler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Grape tomatoes - they are like candy for me! I love them raw and roasted. This time of year, I also can't get enough brussels sprouts roasted in a little bit of olive oil with garlic cloves (425 degrees for 50 minutes).
  • jim0822
    jim0822 Posts: 19
    Options
    This time of year I make what I call "Orange Roast". I take a couple carrots thickly sliced on the diagonal, a small yam peeled and cut in large dice, and some butternut squash again cut in large dice. Toss them all with a little bit of olive oil and sprinkle with dried basil. Roast in the oven on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees until tender. (The non stick aluminum foil is a great asset.) Yum!
  • barberella
    Options
    steamed broccoli with some garlic salt, or edadame, or sugar snap peas..all steamed. Scrumdilicous!
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    Cauliflower or peas. Steamed so they are soft
  • bsshaw1
    bsshaw1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Broccoli
  • briar_rose
    briar_rose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    steamed broccoli

or

baked asparagus with olive oil, rosemary, thyme, salt & pepper
  • Jenbabe402
    Options
    steamed or grilled asparagus with balsamic when in season, otherwise I thaw frozen edamame and roast it in the oven and lightly salt it, a good snack!
  • louisee294
    louisee294 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Parsnips!! roasted, or in soup :) oh, or sweet potato. YUMS
  • limonami
    limonami Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Corn on the cob:)
    or cucumbers
  • skinnyminnie
    skinnyminnie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Turnip greens!! Yum! Tossed with a tiny bit of bacon (like a whole bunch of turnip greens with one strip so it's super low calories) and some salt, pepper and diced onions! So delicious!
    Ooh, and I really love kale too, in soups!