I want to make friends :3

Options
I'm new to MFP and I'm more determined than ever to lose weight, though in the past my motivation hasn't lasted long so I'm hoping I can make some friends to help keep me motivated during this adventure. :D

I'm also new to the dieting world so I'm unsure about what I should be eating, how long I should be exercising for, etc. :(

Thank you in advance! :3

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! I will be your friend and help motivate you! Add me if you like.
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The general rule is you should burn more calories than you take in. To lose weight effectively, you should do at least 30 minutes of exercise, at least 3 times a week. However, I find doing more gives you not only weight loss, but more energy and I sleep better. I typically workout for at least 30 minutes, 5 days a week, and sometimes all 7 days. My best advice, is to find an exercise or two that you actually like and therefore will be motivated to do, and log what you eat every day.

Good luck and feel free to add me. :)
  • lisanangel
    lisanangel Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi !!! Feel free to add me !!!
  • crymsnroze
    crymsnroze Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me :)
  • tinatwin1971
    tinatwin1971 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send me a friend request. my diary is open, though I warn you it does tend to be a bit like ground hog day :laugh:
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too.....I am just like you determined to lose my weight as well and find that on those "BAD" days, the friend here, the motivation is what turns it around for me..........its the best.........good luck and welcome :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • sharonpink
    sharonpink Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me as a friend. I'm here for the long haul (have over 100 to lose), but I'm on my way. Best way to eat is "clean." By that I mean the perimeter of the grocery store and not the center aisles. Fresh fruit and veggies, grilled meats, dairy and few breads. Natural foods, not processed. As to exercise, it's basic math. Less in, burn more. Pick something you like to do (whether it be swimming, walking, the Wii) - anything that will get you moving, but you enjoy. If you just start working out and you don't actually like to do it, it won't stick. Don't necessarily eat "low fat." Your body needs fat and calories in order to do your exercise. Remember to eat. Don't skip meals. Even if it's a handful of almonds as a snack and you only feeling slightly hungry, it's best to go ahead and eat that to fuel your body. It needs the energy. Oh, and most importantly, log your food (whether it's something you should have eaten or not). It keeps you accountable. I don't log my exercise on here because I don't want the system to add back in the calories I'm allowed for the calories I've burned. I've been losing consistently each week by doing all of the above. Hope this helps. :)
  • Watermelon398
    Watermelon398 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! I used to weight 280 pounds and have trimmed it back to the 230s with the help of MyFitnessPal. I'm on almost everyday and am working to correct some very terrible eating and exercise habits. I'd love to help you out. My Diary is open so you could look at that for food ideas!
  • DoItForHiddles
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who replied, your advice has truly helped me to understand. :D

I'm here for the long haul too and I appreciate you taking the time to post that information, it helps a lot. :) Unfortunately I don't have much choice in what I'm allowed to eat, my parents prepare everything. :( I'm making sure to eat a lot of fruit and veggies though, and I log everything (including exercise, though I don't eat what I've earned through exercise), making sure I don't go over my daily limit. :) As for exercise, I enjoy using a stationary bike and I'm on it for 30 minutes (at least, I'm going to gradually increase the time) per day...let's hope I'll start seeing some changes soon. :D

Thank you again, everyone! :)
  • spmcavoy1
    spmcavoy1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm active and will give advice/ideas :)