Am I on the Right Track?

Options
Hi,

I am new to MFP and have been logging in everything religiously. I do boot camp 4 days per week and try to jog/power walk on my off days. I am 5'6" at 182 lbs and my goal is 135-140. Could anyone take a look at my info and let me know if there is something that I am doing wrong/right? Thanks!

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Welcome! If you want us to review your food and exercise diaries, you'll need to set those to public.

A general answer is that you may just need to give this some time and see how it works for you. A lot of the numbers are rough estimates so a litle trial and error is needed. Just try to log everything consistently and accurately and you'll likely do just fine.

Good luck!
  • Olivia_Thompson_x
    Options
    Hi, I'm Olivia (Newbie too!)
    Obviously a lot of weight loss depends on your metabolism, and by the sounds of it what you're doing sounds good :)
    What helps me if, before I eat something I always ask my self 'Am I hungry? Do I need this? Or could I substitute it for something healthier'' So either, don't eat it or change it to something better! If you're just sitting there on an occasional weekend, could you go walking somewhere? :) Things like this can really impact your lifestyle.

I know I've only lost a few pounds and other success stories are amazing, but it's better than gaining a stone like I used to every year and never have the ability to lose it. Small changes your diet and exercise regime will help you lose weight, slowly but surely!
    It's the healthiest method and the key tip is patience! :)

Best of luck! x
  • TheSafetyGuyMike
    TheSafetyGuyMike Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have only been on here for about 10 days now and have lost 14lbs. I have not included erercise into my routine yet, my weight loss is all contributed to cahnging my eating habits. I put in my goals here on MFP and have been following my recommended daily values and logging every food, drink, etc. Generally I plan my meals out a day in advance on here to alleviate the possibility of overages.

I am not a very motivated person, but the support I have received from day 1 here on MFP is tremendous and has driven me to try even harder. This is a great community full of knowledge and support.

Thanks
    Michael
  • SandyBess
    Options
    OK so I set my diary to public. Today I already logged in my lunch but I have not eaten it yet, just an FYI :)
  • TheSafetyGuyMike
    TheSafetyGuyMike Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I find that logging my meals before I actually eat them helps me plan better. I actually log all my meals for the day in the mornings. It helps me stay on point with what is needed throughout the day.

Mike