What is the reward to motivate you to reach your goal?

Options

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    My rewards are in phases, lol.

At 25 lbs lost, I did something small and got my hair cut.

At 57 lbs lost, that was my first MAJOR goal. My husband challenged me, that if I could reach that goal, we could try for a 2nd baby (my daughter will be 6 in September, so we've been waiting a long time). I met my goal Easter weekend. I'm now 18 weeks pregnant.

After baby comes, I will continue until I hit a healthy BMI and re-evaluate where to go from there. My reward? Smaller, cuter clothes, the feeling of accomplishment, and being able to keep up with my children. Anything else is icing on the cake.
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    New clothes!! I already have some picked out. I also plan on little gifts to myself
    for every 50 lbs. My first will be a pair of gold earrings I've been wanting.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I've been doing rewards at every 15 pounds. First was a new hair style. Second was a bathing suit (wasn't putting one on before that). Third was an overnight at a b&b. I'm one pound from the next one and have a vacation planned next month. So, I will probably treat myself to a gourmet French dinner with wine at a fine restaurant (would not usually include food, but that type of meal is usually small portions, low carbs, but lots of veggies) or I might find a concert or other activity to attend while away. There will be two more rewards after that. My final reward will be reaching my goal!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    My Health and hopefully a longer life
  • xixshaiyaxix
    xixshaiyaxix Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My reward is more conceited, I just want to wear something skimpy and tear the town down xD one epic night in my new body. THAT would be my ultimate success :3
  • UoSLad
    UoSLad Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My Own Sanity :laugh:

seriously though, i feel in the best health I have ever been at the moment even though i am not the skinniest i have ever been.

There is somethign that i am looking forward to doign though. I'm a photographer. Back when i used to be healthier I did a couple of photos on body image and being beautifull even though i don't have the "typical" attractive body (i've always been a rugby build) that was when i was last at around 200lbs

When i get to 200lbs I am going to not just retake that photo, but share it as well. Sharing the picture is a little bit scary. but It's what the picture will symbolise. The first picture is one of my all time favourite self portraits because it has a confidence that comes through it (which was the original purpose) . I want to be there again, and I soon will be.
  • rgrady33
    rgrady33 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My reward is fitting in my clothes, having to buy smaller ones, and setting a new goal! I hope to be at my goal tomorrow!
  • jenstrohm
    jenstrohm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Japan with my husband. We've always wanted to go and we decided it would be a big treat for both of us when we reach our weight/health goals. Also, not having my husband on blood pressure medicine and being able to wear super cute clothes again.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    My Own Sanity
    ^this and trophies
  • wrbiii
    wrbiii Posts: 151
    Options
    My Own Sanity :laugh:

seriously though, i feel in the best health I have ever been at the moment even though i am not the skinniest i have ever been.

There is somethign that i am looking forward to doign though. I'm a photographer. Back when i used to be healthier I did a couple of photos on body image and being beautifull even though i don't have the "typical" attractive body (i've always been a rugby build) that was when i was last at around 200lbs

When i get to 200lbs I am going to not just retake that photo, but share it as well. Sharing the picture is a little bit scary. but It's what the picture will symbolise. The first picture is one of my all time favourite self portraits because it has a confidence that comes through it (which was the original purpose) . I want to be there again, and I soon will be.

My picture right now? Was taken a month ago yesterday (I'm also a photographer). I'm beyond proud of it and as you can see (check my ticker) I'm by no means a small creature. You'll get there!
  • sharonpink
    sharonpink Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My reward is going to be breast reduction surgery. I've been carrying these alien things around all my life. I've visited a plastic surgeon and it's been approved by insurance. But he wants me under 200 lbs. to do the surgery. So I will be there in 70 lbs. This time next year is my goal.....
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Im going to buy spinning stripper pole. It can hold my weight now but I sure cannot. So once im small I will purchase one.

This sounds more like a reward for your husband/boyfriend :bigsmile:
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My reward is new clothes. All my clothes are too big now, but I refuse to buy new ones till I reach my goal weight.
  • My motivation is a 10 day trip to jamaica next year at the end of June and a 1/2 upper sleeve tattoo the end of July.

I want to be in better shape than I am now for both.

I have a long way to go.
  • mistytobefit
    mistytobefit Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Not cropping myself out of photos with my family any longer :)
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    My reward is going to be breast reduction surgery. I've been carrying these alien things around all my life. I've visited a plastic surgeon and it's been approved by insurance. But he wants me under 200 lbs. to do the surgery. So I will be there in 70 lbs. This time next year is my goal.....

This! I have been through the insurance process as well, but they require patients to be under a certain BMI to be eligible. Makes sense- I can only blame large breasts for so much of my back pain, when extra weight is also a big contributor. So one of my goals/rewards will be breast reduction surgery.
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My reward is more conceited, I just want to wear something skimpy and tear the town down xD one epic night in my new body. THAT would be my ultimate success :3

a lot of my motivation is up the same alley as yours. :) of course i want to be healthier, but i'd be fooling myself if vanity wasn't a major factor too.

a few years ago, when i tried losing weight, my mom made a deal with me that if i reached my goal weight, she'd take me out and buy me a whole new wardrobe! recently, she renewed that deal... so that's something to look forward to as well. :)
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    mine is a tattoo as well. I want a sexy pinup girl (sort of my alter ego) on my side and a lizard on my ankle. I wont get it until I reach goal. cant wait
  • epadmeister
    epadmeister Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The reward to motivate me to reach my goal.... honestly, it's being able to get off my T2 Diabetes medication! I'd love to have a body that can use energy properly! :love:
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    My first goal is to log for 7 days straight, and then I will get a food scale! Today is day 7 :)