Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

lishie_rebooted
lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
Alright, I realize that the internet is at my fingertips and I have Pintrest at my beck and call.
BUT!
I need your help MFP!
I am on a search for a soft, chewy oatmeal raisin cookie recipe.
The ones I have tried have lead to this:

sadness_158.jpg

So I'm hoping that you can help me find a recipe that produces this:
oatmeal-raisin-cookies.jpg

So it leads to this:
happiness.jpg

So if you could help a girl out and share your soft, chewy oatmeal raisin cookie recipes with me, it'd be greatly appreciated!
happy-kitty-smiles.jpg

ETA: fixed some pics, darn I thought I had this!

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    A worthy post. Please help her find a recipe.

Please, please, please.

cat-begging-gif.gif
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    very-happy-bunny.gif

OMG OMG OMG

Please, please.... I want one, too!
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    They have changed the recipe on the Quaker Oatmeal bin. The new recipe is healthier, but not as good. I like the old recipe.
  • lishie_rebooted
    They have changed the recipe on the Quaker Oatmeal bin. The new recipe is healthier, but not as good. I like the old recipe.

Do you have a copy of the old recipe?
    I don't have Quaker oats at home - I have the Aldi brand lol
  • lishie_rebooted

Thank you but I see nothing wrong with using a stick of butter.
    Plus I don't keep apple butter around and idk where I'd even find that.
    With the baking supplies? With the jams? With the peanut butter?
    That's three different aisles to check....
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    I have one! They always turn out really good. I don't usually make them as big as the recipe states and just decrease the baking time(10-12 minutes).

1/2 cup raisins
    1/3 cup water
    1/2 cup vegetable shortening
    1 egg
    1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 1/4 cup oats (not instant)
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup raisins

directions

Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.

Combine raisins with water in a food processor and blend on high speed for about 1 minute or until very smooth. Combine this raisin puree with the vegetable shortening, egg, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix well with electric mixer until smooth.

In a separate bowl, combine the flour with the oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Pour this dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix well until ingredients are incorporated. Mix in raisins.

Roll 3 tablespoon portions of the dough into a ball in your hands and press to 1/2-inch flat on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Be careful not to overcook, or the cookies will not be chewy. Store in a sealed container.
  • lishie_rebooted
    I have one! They always turn out really good. I don't usually make them as big as the recipe states and just decrease the baking time(10-12 minutes).

1/2 cup raisins
    1/3 cup water
    1/2 cup vegetable shortening
    1 egg
    1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 1/4 cup oats (not instant)
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup raisins

directions

Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.

Combine raisins with water in a food processor and blend on high speed for about 1 minute or until very smooth. Combine this raisin puree with the vegetable shortening, egg, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix well with electric mixer until smooth.

In a separate bowl, combine the flour with the oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Pour this dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix well until ingredients are incorporated. Mix in raisins.

Roll 3 tablespoon portions of the dough into a ball in your hands and press to 1/2-inch flat on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Be careful not to overcook, or the cookies will not be chewy. Store in a sealed container.

That is some huge cookie!
    Ive never seen a recipe do a raisin puree.

Thank you!
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    The raisin puree makes it nice and moist. Sometimes cookies with oatmeal can be a little dry.
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    No on the recipe right now. I'm at work. I will see if I can find when I get home tonight.
  • kait_marie24
    kait_marie24 Posts: 99 Member
    You could always make 2 ingredient banana/oat cookies & add raisins. There's recipes online!
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    By the way, replace approximately one cup of flour withone cup of almond flour (you can make it if you grind your own almonds in a good blender) and it will loosen up the cookies a little.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    I was looking at a oatmeal/chocolate chip cookie on Pinterest yesterday that called for making dough balls and refrigerating them for 3 hours or more before baking. It slows the baking process and causes them to be less flat and more chewy like a chocolate chip cookie. I guess she does it for all her oatmeal cookies so they dont spread out as much. She also pointed out to take them out of the oven before completely cooked. Golden brown on the edges and still slightly glazed in the center. You could try that and see how it works. I hate crunchy dry oatmeal cookies!
  • lishie_rebooted
    I was looking at a oatmeal/chocolate chip cookie on Pinterest yesterday that called for making dough balls and refrigerating them for 3 hours or more before baking. It slows the baking process and causes them to be less flat and more chewy like a chocolate chip cookie. I guess she does it for all her oatmeal cookies so they dont spread out as much. She also pointed out to take them out of the oven before completely cooked. Golden brown on the edges and still slightly glazed in the center. You could try that and see how it works. I hate crunchy dry oatmeal cookies!

That part I knew.
    Refridgerating most doughs produces a better cookie.
    I feel like the King Arthur Test Kitchen or someone similar showed the differences....
    I've seen the differences on dark pan vs light pan vs parchment paper vs no parchment paper.
    I'm a nerd lol
  • lishie_rebooted
    You could always make 2 ingredient banana/oat cookies & add raisins. There's recipes online!

You're missing flour, eggs, butter, baking soda, etc from those cookies.
  • lishie_rebooted
    By the way, replace approximately one cup of flour withone cup of almond flour (you can make it if you grind your own almonds in a good blender) and it will loosen up the cookies a little.

Hmm that's neat.
    I have almond flour on hand (but no almonds lol) - I dabble in gluten free baking (had a coworker with Celiacs)
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Try this one ..... Soft and chewy....made this several times and always good.

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2014/07/24/soft-chewy-oatmeal-raisin-cookies/