mom with a cardio issue...

Options
im trying VERY hard to get healthy this time doing weights on the ball and the whole healthy eating thing, but of course like most moms having issues with the cardio bit.....(its too cold to take the babies outside right now, and dont have the money for a gym membership) i live in an apartment...any suggestions for a way to boost my cardio indoors?.... this is the only struugle for me on a daily basis and its sooo important to do..... plz help

Thx :)

Replies

• tashajasmine
    tashajasmine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 3 boys. I know exactly how you feel. I fix dinner by 6pm. Kids are bathed and in bed by 7pm. At 8pm I pop in "Billy Blanks Cardio Circuit 1" and burn over 300 calories in just 30 minutes. This video was very hard at first but everyday it got easier. I don't struggle anymore and can still feel my muscles working. I hope this helps and good luck!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I have to kiddies and defo recomend The 30 day shred, a bit of everything, cheap and only takes 20mins :O
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Netflix has tons of workout videos you can stream instantly to your tv. I have found many great workout. Everything from cardio, to strength, to dance, to toning. I recommend getting netflix just for the workouts!
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I agree that buying some workout DVDs is the best thing! That's exactly what I do on days I'm too busy to get to the gym. Some people even say the video store rents them for free.
  • Jbonar
    Jbonar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Is there a mall nearby? You could walk laps there. Also many community centers have indoor tracks that you can walk on for free.

Do 30 sec of jumping jacks alternated with jump roping or if you have a step/stairs go up and down for so-many minutes. I'm curious to see what others suggest....

One more thing...You can check out workout dvds and tapes from many libraries for free.
  • ConnieZwolfer
    Options
    How about play some of your favourite upbeat music, and do some aerobics in your living room!? The kids can watch! We all know how to do aerobics, even in a small space! Even running in place while watching your favourite TV show works. Turn up the volume! Don't forget those crunches and do some yoga type stretches too! - Good luck! CZ :)
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Put on some music and dance!