Resetting goals

Options
I'm back on MFP (and looking for friends, add me please!!!), but the problem is that I weigh more than I did the last time time I was regularly using it. I can't figure out how to start over. I have the same end goal, but it doesn't say "has lost X total pounds" it just says "has lost X pounds since last weigh-in". I know this is silly, but I WANT that total pounds lost credit! Mentally, I need anything and everything I can get right now. HELP!!!

Replies

• FoxxC
    FoxxC Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    To start from scratch, you can open another MFP account. I did this but the cool thing is by keeping your old acct you can see when you get back to where you started and then enjoy your progress from there. Orrrrr.........you can go in and delete your weigh ins.
  • fourtwingles
    fourtwingles Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Starting & starting over are hard but hopefully worth it. Please feel free to add me. I try to be supportive and love feedback as well. Good luck.
  • hdacmom
    hdacmom Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand the question.

If you're bummed because you weigh more now than you did last time you were here, once you record the new (higher) weight, it resets your loss to that point...and will credit you from any loss you have from there.

Ex - If someone started MFP a year ago weighing 200lbs.
    The person loses 30lbs, their ticker is now set to 170, and a 30lb loss.
    That person stopped logging in and gained 40lbs, then their new weight is 210.
    They log back into MFP, and check-in.
    The new ticker reading is 210lbs. And 0 lbs lost.
    Next week, they've lost a pound, ticker reads 209, and 1lb lost.

If you're saying instead that you gained to a higher weight, but have lost it and want credit for those pounds, you can change that by going to: Check in> Edit previous entries The starting weight will be the old starting weight. You can change that to the new one...

Ex - Someone started MFP a year ago weighing 200lbs, and lost 30lbs, the ticker is now set to 170, and a 30lb loss.
    If that person stopped logging in and gained 40lbs, then their new weight is 210.
    They've lost 40, and now the ticker is at 170, but only says 30lbs.
    They're still at the same low weight, but in reality, they've lost 40lbs, and it's frustrating.
    They edit their starting weight to the higher number, and now have credit for all weight lost, not just from their previous low.

Hope that helps. :)
  • dannyxtyler
    dannyxtyler Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Home -> Check-In -> Edit Previous Entries
  • stephaniecoops77
    Options
    GlowGirl - It was the second scenario. I'm going to try the editing thing and see if that works. Yes, it sucks that I gained, but I refuse to beat myself up about it because I can't go back and change it. I can only start again from where I am and try again. It would help if I had the visual of seeing how many pounds I've lost from my new starting point, you know? Thanks for the help!
  • glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I think most of us have been there...and absolutely, you should see those extra pounds gone too...I haven't gone over my starting weight since starting MFP, but I have absolutely reset my ticker to show a higher weight if I lose focus for a bit and gain...Waiting for two months before recording a loss is just defeating!
  • janerfitnesspal145
    janerfitnesspal145 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I actually used the check-in/edit previous entries to add previous years weight changes so that I'd have a record of my weight loss before finding MFP, as I'd lost half of my total weight loss before joining. Helps keep me on track being able to see where I've been! Good luck!