ok,, so need motivation about bellies,,,,

Options
hi all, i am doing this for about 2 weeks now, i really wanna loose weight, and mostly, i really know its possible, but 1 thing that scares me like hell is... i have a discusting belly due to pregnancy,
( 2), and i have how to explain without growssing you out, like a poach? like a discusting hanging belly flapping, yark,,,, please tell me, if you are one of the people from MFP that had a flappy hanging belly, and can tell me YES, with work out, it can be shaped better, i am never expecting a flat belly, but a part of me keep telling that other part to shut up, and yes, its possible!!! help me find faith as my belly discourage me,,,,

Replies

• mamayoga
    Options
    LOL. flappy hanging... I have one too. It remains to be seen if it'll disappear, although it IS a tiny bit smaller after losing 8 lbs. So I still hold out hope. :)
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    that tummy will tighten as you loss fat and tone muscle!

Drink water, watch your calorie intake and do lots of cardio!
  • angelmuss
    Options
    Yep...I have one! LOL I hope it goes down some!! LOL
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    ehm, what i will say is first and foremost love your body, its the only one you have. Secondly i do have a big belly and i am working at losing as much of it as i can. i dont know if it will ever be rock hard flat, but i do know i am losing weight and it is shrinking. Dearest believe in yourself, it is reallly possible to lose the weight and look beautiful. Please try to develop a positive image about your body, the more you get to love it, the better you will want to take care of it. Welcome and wishing u great success.

IT CAN BE DONE:flowerforyou:
  • helenamonks
    Options
    My belly is super disgusting too but its not bc i had kids its because of a hormone inbalance that caused really ugly stretchmarks. Unfortunately all of the weight that i carry is mostly on my belly, so of course it hangs quite a bit, but my aunts was shaped the exact same way and it will eventually shrink where it should be, just dont try to lose the weight too quickly, otherwise you will end up with a skin flap.
  • Candiceg13
    Options
    I have 4 kids (10,6,4 and 18mos) and the last 3 were C-Sections! My tummy is horrible, and my doc agreed that the damage is bad enough that I will need surgical intervention to get a flat tummy, so that is my goal!!!!!

It has gone down, and will keep going, but I know I will need to get some, ummmm, nip/tucking soon!

Sorry, probably not the most optimistic answer.....
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm still better clothed than un, but my belly is inline with my hip bones now...and I had twins (one via C)..... I'm feeling pretty fortunate, however, and my kids are 8.
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Cardio and core work are necessary evils. Your results may not turn out perfect but burning off the fat and working to tone and tighten will go a long way! You can do it!
  • kuechletwins
    kuechletwins Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    So there with you on the flappy tummy. I have 4 kids - 11, 9, 9 and 4. The twins REALLY did me in!!! I'm on a mission though and hope I start to see a notice soon! Friend me if you want and we can lose the flappy stuff together!
  • bbotero
    Options
    Hi, I also have a loose belly from my pregnancy, but good news....IT GETS SMALLER and TIGHTER. I have lost 49 pounds and there is a difference. I know that it will never be the same as "before" baby, but at least it won't make me feel bad about my appearance. Keep it up and good luck!

SW 295
    CW 244
    GW 180
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    it will go down mine is pretty much flat now which I am totally loving right now :)
  • laurajean43
    Options
    Have you tried drinking green tea? It's great and is supposed to help with belly fat (among other things! )
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    hi there, I had a baby 14 months ago and my tummy was one of my motivators for losing weight, I was very very unhappy. I've lost 25lbs in total (22 on MFP) and it's made a considerable difference to my tummy. The more I lose, even a half a pound at this stage I can notice the difference. My arms and legs are very slim, but I still have some baby weight on my tummy, so it really seems to be coming off there a lot now. I was 190 after having her and I started my actual weight loss journey at 172, I'm 148 now and fit into size 8 jeans minus any overhang or muffin top!!! it's taken 5 months so far to notice a big difference in my stomach. I hope this helps :-)
  • megan_mp
    Options
    I know, personally, I've had this big belly for MANY years. And I've been miserable for those years. I think when I get to my goal, I will be proud of that SMALLER flappy belly because it will be a reminder to me that I spent a lot of years loathing that part of me.

I faced up to the fact early in my teen years (even at 160 pounds!) that I would never be one in a bikini. I'm more of a Speedo kind of girl!
  • svgaedtke
    svgaedtke Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    4 c-sections here... So I am in the same boat... I know the belly you speak of... Here's to see how much it can shrink...
  • Athena76
    Athena76 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm with you all on this one and I will throw in my "batman signals" on my arms haha I'm praying they also tighten up or go away I'd love to wear sleeveless shirts this summer.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,258 Member
    Options
    LOL! There are a lot of us out there who understand. Three kids and my muscle tone is gone. Cardio burns the fat but I've not yet gotten to the point of a strong core and flat belly. Working on it right along with you!:flowerforyou:
  • Chr1st1ine
    Chr1st1ine Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have two sets of twins ages 10 and 6, both were delivered by c-section and my stomach is HORRIBLE!! What worries me a bit more than the muscle tone is all the stretch marks!! :o( I'll take whatever I get when I've lost all my weight though, it has to be better than what's there now!!
  • momma85
    momma85 Posts: 17
    Options
    aww i don't even know... i lost ALL of my baby weight in about a week (very awful things i did in my younger days) and i've been dealing with this horrible wrinkly, loose belly for over 4 years now. the only thing i can say about it, is that it has gotten better... but it's still not completely gone.... the worst thing i ever did was lose that much weight in such a short period of time. slowly work on it and work on your abs while losing the weight. and if you find out any other things that help, let me know! :)
  • Ashrack85
    Ashrack85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am also fighting this "flabby belly". My first child left me with it 3 years ago and my newest baby (4 months) made it even worse! I am hoping that cardio will help lose the fat but I will need to find something to help tone it.

Here's to losing the "flabby" bellies!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!