unexpected

Options
OK can someone tell me if this is normal..I am trying to cut weight. I am 5'10 and started about 182. I was always a really skinny guy so I am trying to get down in the 160's. I am lifting 3 times a week and doing cardio 2-3 times a week. Using iifym.com to calculate calories burned i am eating a 500-600k deficit a day. Since i started tracking about 11 days ago I have lost 5.5lbs. I am using the same scale at the same time everyday, but this still seems like a ton of weight to lose in a short amount of time especially for a guy who was not way over weight to begin with. Macros are 40/25/35 c/f/p. And even with keeping my calories at a bout 1842 I don't feel hungry most of the time and have plenty of energy.....wondering if there is a problem with the scale!!

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    people tend to lose alot in the first couple weeks due to water weight and food waste. keep it up
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    your calorie goal sounds a bit low to me too, but not sure how hard your workouts are and such
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Chalk it up to beginners losses, there's a lot of factors that play a role in weight loss. Watch your trends over a 4-6 week period and it'll start to make more sense.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    question....when you are giving 40/25/35 you are referring to percentages right? I do IIFYM and I calculate my macros by grams...such as 58 g fat, 115 carbs, 115 protein....
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    question....when you are giving 40/25/35 you are referring to percentages right? I do IIFYM and I calculate my macros by grams...such as 58 g fat, 115 carbs, 115 protein....
    yes, percentage of calories