Irish??

Options
I'm on the only Irish person on this thing??

I've had a look around and can't find any haha

Let me know!

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    i'm 1/4 irish, but only by decent, i've never actually been to ireland (definitely want to go at some point though!)
  • Stephie2612
    Options
    I was expecting replies like this....not that that is a bad thing!
  • MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I am Irish descent, but it's been over 500 years since my family was in Ireland.
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Half of my grandparent's parents were irish...the other half were Sweedish...and I like cabbage.
  • Stephie2612
    Options
    You should come back....it's great! lol
  • Stephie2612
    Options
    That totally makes you irish! haha...i don't like cabbage
  • MikeCrazy
    Options
    Ya know what's funny, is that my beard turns reddish the longer it grows...weird eh?
  • Stephie2612
    Options
    Ya know what's funny, is that my beard turns reddish the longer it grows...weird eh?

It's like a Sign!
  • SuperVixen2B
    SuperVixen2B Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've been to Ireland for a quick trip, so yeah, basically a native. Beautiful country! First thing I said as I was driving through the country side is "OMG, it really DOES look like the post cards". The patchwork green fields - just gorgeous. Stayed at a B&B in County Cork....the one with the grey horse out front. If you know the lady (lol kidding), tell her I'm sorry my boyfriend (at the time) puked on her beautiful ceramic ducks in the bathroom. He made the mistake of trying to hang with the locals at the pub. He could not hang. Did the best we could to tidy up, but all those nooks and crannies...YIKES.
  • MikeCrazy
    Options
    And I love Irish folk songs, bands, and music. Speaking of which, I'm listening to Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies as we speak.
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Three of my grandparents are irish. I still have family there in Mayo, Cork and Limerick.

I've been there countless times.

Where abouts are you from?
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Boston Irish. that's pretty close. Oh, and I love Guinness.
  • SuperVixen2B
    SuperVixen2B Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    ...he also ordered a drink that is common in the states and was one of his favorites. The pub fell silent. Took him a while to realize his mistake. He'd ordered an "Irish Car Bomb". The bartender recovered quickly and probably saved my bf's behind - asked him what that was. Guinness with a shot of bailey's. He said they have something similar, only they add creme de menthe and call it a Gorilla snot. Came close to having an awesome "bar fight in a foreign country" story - but thanks to the barkeep, only have an "embarassing american tourist faux paus" story.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Whereabouts in Ireland are you (and yes, there's a few of us around, though the site seems to be predominantly US users)
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I have family from Nenagh!

Well a dad and about a hundred Aunts, uncles and cousins!
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Grandfather came over when he was 30 from Sheleighla sp??? I will come over there eventually. I'm a huge Clancy brothers fan and one day I will drink in a pub and take part in song and dance. And I want to drink some Smithwick's and Guiness at the brewerys as well.
  • Stephie2612
    Options
    I've been to Ireland for a quick trip, so yeah, basically a native. Beautiful country! First thing I said as I was driving through the country side is "OMG, it really DOES look like the post cards". The patchwork green fields - just gorgeous. Stayed at a B&B in County Cork....the one with the grey horse out front. If you know the lady (lol kidding), tell her I'm sorry my boyfriend (at the time) puked on her beautiful ceramic ducks in the bathroom. He made the mistake of trying to hang with the locals at the pub. He could not hang. Did the best we could to tidy up, but all those nooks and crannies...YIKES.

LOL that is hilarious!......I was reading this and I was like "the one with the grey horse outside" but then I got to the just kidding part....phew, I don't know all the B&Bs in Cork
  • Stephie2612
    Options
    Whereabouts in Ireland are you (and yes, there's a few of us around, though the site seems to be predominantly US users)

I'm from Clare.....glad to see a few more of us so!
  • Stephie2612
    Options
    I have family from Nenagh!

Well a dad and about a hundred Aunts, uncles and cousins!

I used to live 5 mins outside Nenagh
  • Stephie2612
    Options
    Grandfather came over when he was 30 from Sheleighla sp??? I will come over there eventually. I'm a huge Clancy brothers fan and one day I will drink in a pub and take part in song and dance. And I want to drink some Smithwick's and Guiness at the brewerys as well.

Loving the place name....can't say I have come across it before! LOL