What is the reward to motivate you to reach your goal?

Options

Replies

• Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I don't want to look old....and fat. Can't do much about age, but fat I can take care of.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    my goal likely wont be acheived until the spring or summer of next year. im not motivated by new clothes as i am going to need them anyway.

here at work i started a biggest loser challenge. this round is going for 12 weeks. we are currently in week 11 and i am in second place. the winner gets $430. that is motivating me because it was an expensive summer and we can use the cash!

but even if i dont win, i think i did pretty good. i have never tried it before, but i am going out for some fried chicken and waffles! oh, and i am having a black cherry cola with that meal!
  • mandez19
    mandez19 Posts: 179
    Options
    Other than your typical good health and whatnot, Sprint Triathlon in 1 year - first time.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about a reward... I don't have one. :ohwell:

Love the idea of having a reward for reaching my goal but I just can't think of anything that would be motivating...

Motivation right now is... Not looking like a heffer on the cruise I'm going on in December. :drinker:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am not super into rewards, but they can be fun. When I started using My Fitness Pal over a year ago, I would reward myself with fitness related items every 5 or 10 lb milestone, nothing expensive...a glow in the dark basketball, nice jump rope, new sneakers, bike helmet, and fairly inexpensive workout clothes. I kind of abandoned that after awhile though because I don't have a lot of fitness related wants or needs, my habits are pretty simple.

I hadn't been under 200 lb since 1991, so back in January when I finally hit 199 lb I wanted a bigger reward. I bought myself all new makeup and a Lucite organizer to keep it in. It's on my bathroom vanity and every day I use it and it reminds me of that milestone.

Another big thing for me was going to an amusement park to ride roller coasters. I hadn't done that since 2001 and was psyched about the idea, so I planned to buy tickets for my husband and I but then we wound up getting free admission (long story) so that was a moot point.

Now that I'm inching closer to an indefinite goal I have kind of abandoned the rewards thing. I use my continuing progress as a justification for buying cute new clothes, but most of them are on clearance anyway and of course I need clothes that fit. After I've maintained my "goal weight" for a year or so I could see myself really splurging on a nice jacket or coat that costs more than I would typically spend.
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Interim is new ink if I reach it on schedule.
    My first big mile stone will be rewarded by the wardrobe I have waiting in the wings.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    being able to wear something form fitting with my curves in the right places :-D accomplished :)
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Not really anything at all. Just being able to wear clothes that I never could, do things with my son that I never good, being healthy like I never was, being more confident and outgoing and just basically being happier and in a better place than ever before. Hitting that weight goal actually doesn't mean much to me so I probably won't even acknowledge it, let alone celebrate it. My real goal is to maintain a healthy weight for the rest of my life. Hitting my weight loss goal will just be one more day along the path. :-)
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I want to buy a really nice suit.

I've always worn a blue blazer and tan slacks to any event that required a jacket and tie. I would like to have a really nice suit.

Edit:
    Another big thing for me was going to an amusement park to ride roller coasters.

Fantastic Idea!
  • Odwaroftorn
    Odwaroftorn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    A dozen Bavarian cream filled donuts would do nicely. Then I'd have to re-reach my goal and I'd get a dozen donuts each time. Haha.

Wearing the fencing jacket I wore years ago is my goal/reward. It's better rated so it has better protection. And a dozen donuts.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I want to:
    have lower risk of health problems,
    be able to move more easily,
    be able to buy nicer clothes (designers don't think fat women deserve nice things),
    feel fabulous,
    look fabulous,
    and maybe start getting attention from men. (Good attention, as in dating.)

So far, the only real reward I have planned is to buy a few nice sets of underthings (which can easily be over $100 a set!).
    That will also make me feel fabulous, look fabulous, and hopefully I can share that fabulousness with a special someone. :happy:

I think I'd like to get a bikini, once I look decent in one. Not perfect, just decent, not gross rolls of flab all over.

For the larger intermediate goals along the way, I'm thinking of things like a manicure, picnic in the park, new book.
    The smaller goals (every 5 lb) I just write down in my notebook.
  • Algerina9601
    Algerina9601 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I would call this a reward or a goal. But by next summer I am going to go on a 4-5 day hike with my oldest daughter in the mountains. It's something I always wanted to do. I love walking but it takes a lot of time in my day that I just don't have with 3 kids. I still usually do a 5km a day, back in May I couldn't even make it around Wal Mart, so it's a start!

Good luck to everyone!!!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    My reward is new clothes. All my clothes are too big now, but I refuse to buy new ones till I reach my goal weight.
    I had to buy new bras, because those just can't be taken in like pants or skirts or shirts.
    The rest, I'm trying to make do or at least hit thrift stores.
    It helps that I sew, so I can take in the waist of most things.
  • Natasha_Fit_Fab
    Natasha_Fit_Fab Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When I was in the Bahamas last yr I wanted to go on an excursion riding horses on the beach, but the weight limit was 250 lb....WHAT???? so unfortunately I wasn't able to do it; This time some friends and I are planning a trip to the French Riviera next yr and I want to be able to be energized and just enjoy the moment w/o worrying how my clothes gonna fit and just go to a store and shop w/o looking how it is gonna fit my body!!
  • JasmineJYJ
    Options
    A better body of course! And not being the "big" one of the family anymore also my mother promised me a 4week trip to Hawaii plus the ultimate motivation for me was this expensive black dress my mum has it's I think Versace I want that dress so bad so if I can fit into it I get it!!
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    My rewards have typically been supplies to support exercise. After a few months of consistent cardio I got myself an HRM and workout clothes (I can't believe I went so long without wicking clothing). After so many lbs I got myself new ear buds. Along the way I've gotten more workout clothing, a food scale, a step, running shoes, etc. I'm really close to my final goal. When I get there I would like to get my belly button pierced.

It's very true that weight loss and exercise is it's own reward.
  • afiallo
    afiallo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have rewarded myself for every five pounds that I have lost with clothing and concerts. But my ultimate reward is a trip to Venice.
  • kate1337
    kate1337 Posts: 13
    Options
    That sounds fun. I would love to do pole-lattes or what ever its called :smile:
  • Siigh_duck
    Siigh_duck Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    A little different, but my reward for maintaining is really nice clothing that I NEVER would have or could have worn when I was obese. I really don't want to mess up because I want to keep wearing cute things!

This! + a super cute bikini, I've never worn a bikini before XD I wish I was confident enough to wear it any size like some people but I'm just way too self conscious until I lose a little extra chub XD
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Being healthier and feeling better about myself. All the reward I need.