Back after divorce and abusive marriage

Hey guys....ready to pound this. This time last year I was preparing to run my first half marathon and had gone from 260 to about 189. Over the last six months to a year, I have buried my father, buried my grandmother, forced an emotionally/verbally abusive spouse out of my home, filed for divorce, and in the process gained 60 pounds back because of the stress and not running or being active. Now, with the abusive male out of my life and time to focus on me and my kids, I am ready to crush this weight issue once and for all. Because of everything that has gone on I have also been put on thyroid medication when last year I didn't need it. Time to make changes and need accountability people who will get in my face when I am slipping.

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    good for you honey! I flourished after my divorce from my abusive ex husband as well. I also put weight on initially due to the stress, but then really buckled down & now i'm better than ever :)

Congrats and good luck :)
  • Prilla04
    Prilla04 Posts: 174 Member
    I'm sorry for your losses but happy for your making moves to a happier and healthier life! You sound so resolute. Congratulations to you.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Welcome to your new chapter in life..
    Add me for motivation & support on your journey.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Sweet. Kill it!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    You can do it, baby! Keep strong! Nothing's holding you back now, focus on you!
  • Jenny775
    Jenny775 Posts: 108 Member
    Welcome to the new you!! You're going to be fantastic! Feel free to add me. :)
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Here's to you doing awesome new things with life. I wish you all the best.
    you_go_girl_troy_abed.gif
  • puddy29
    puddy29 Posts: 77
    Sorry for you loss and congrats on getting rid of the dead weight. Now to focus on the body weight you can do it. Add me we can do it together.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    I had my own divorce from hell. I was distraught and lost 30lbs in 2 weeks. My doctor gave me a prescription for a burger and a milk shake. That's just how I deal with stress. However, when I am happy, that's when I get in trouble.

Anyone can add me.
  • Lemongrab13
    Lemongrab13 Posts: 206 Member
    Condolences for your loss, and congratulations on freeing yourself.

From here on your journey can be fun! Fill your mp3 with new music, buy yourself some nice workout clothes, read up on recipes and just enjoy yourself :)
  • Mischabellaa
    Mischabellaa Posts: 61 Member
    Smiles...be glad to keep you motivated....feel free to add
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Congratulations on dumping the excess baggage (the ex), you're already halfway there! Welcome back!
  • lice714
    lice714 Posts: 8
    you are already an incredibly strong woman mentally, the physical strength is just catching up. you will get there.
  • Nothing like a fresh start! Seems like you already have conquered the worse. Now its time to become physically strong!
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    My marriage ended a year ago and it was the BEST thing that happened to me...even though I didn't know it at the time. I feel like it's now MY time to do what I want to do and get my **** together with this whole fitness thing. Life is good. Think of all the possibilities out there for us now being single!! It's awesome I have to tell you. LOVE everything about it. Friend me if you'd like. :-)
  • jms1739
    jms1739 Posts: 80 Member
    Congrats on the removal of the toxic element in your life. Sorry to hear about the other losses. Keep your head up, we make the path we walk. You sound like you have a positive out look right now. Feel free to add me, as well, as anyone else who is looking for someone for motivation and support.

I got rid of my toxic emotionally abusive element 11 yrs ago.