Bigger breakfast on the go

I'm a pretty big guy with a 2200 net calorie budget for weight loss. I like to have 500~700 calories for breakfast and need something grab and go. I'm tired of eating half a box of breakfast bars each morning and almost all fast food breakfast options have soooo much sodium. Anybody have any ideas?

Replies

• shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Theres always homemade breakfast burritos that are made in advance.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    I used to make a bunch of omlets on sunday and throw em in the fridge and take them to work throughout the week

its easy to make breakfast sandwiches to go too, microwave an egg in a bowl or go to walmart and they sell microwave dishes for eggs to put on a sandwich, cheese, and a sausage patty, can have it together in 2 minutes and out the door you go

breakfast doesnt necessarily have to look like breakfast either, make a sandwich, i eat peanut butter and jelly sometimes :)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    I'm a pretty big guy with a 2200 net calorie budget for weight loss. I like to have 500~700 calories for breakfast and need something grab and go. I'm tired of eating half a box of breakfast bars each morning and almost all fast food breakfast options have soooo much sodium. Anybody have any ideas?
    Get up earlier and prepare yourself a bigger breakfast
  • tnm2
    tnm2 Posts: 2
    Thanks 4legsRbettert, I hadn't even thought of non-breakfast foods (though now it seems so obvious). This opens up a whole list of hand held foods I can make ahead, keep in the freezer, then pop in the toaster oven while I get ready for work.
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    You can make oatmeal bars / cake / pancakes / muffins etc. (Also with protein powder if you require some extra protons).
    Mix oatmeal, egg, protein powder, peanut butter and stuff and bake as you like (plenty of recipes online).
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Overnight oats, add nuts, fruit & honey in the morning - oats, yogurt, milk, cinnamon in a jar, shake & pop into the fridge overnight.

Breakfast burritos made ahead, quick zap in the microwave - eggs, taters, ham/bacon/sausage, cheese.

Homemade "egg mcmuffin" - they cook up quick, egg & Canadian bacon or ham done by the time the English muffins are toasted, stack it, wrap it in wax paper and head out the door.
  • mytabouly
    mytabouly Posts: 66 Member
    Have leftovers from the night before?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    If you're lazy like me and like granola, you know the food preferred by hippies, then you'll love Quaker Warm And Crunchy. It's supposed to be eaten with warm milk but I just eat it straight out of the package. It comes in convenient little clear packets. It's about 200 calories per packet and you can get several different flavors.

AF5D1964-L.jpg