Stretch marks

Options
I know that it is probably really stupid to worry about something so vain (especially when I'm this overweight) but have any of you had horrible stretch marks since losing? I'm so nervous about them. I remember how great my body looked before I gained the weight and I'm afraid that when I lose it it's going to be ugly. Are stretch marks as bad as I think?

Replies

• nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    They are pretty bright at first but then they fade. My first stretch marks where when I went through puberty on the inside of my thighs.

Since gaining all of this weight I now have them on my stomach. I use bio oil and it has helped with the coloration and now that I am loosing they do not seem as bad.

But honestly if you don't have them yet you can moisturize to help with the skins elasticity and it should help.
  • lad514
    lad514 Posts: 2
    Options
    i have stretch marks from having my son and they didnt look bad at first but now they do. im wonering it anyone knows wat might help make then go away???
  • schomie
    Options
    Mederma works good.
  • AllisonMarisa
    AllisonMarisa Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Time.

I know that's a crappy answer, but it's the truth. Don't go spend hundreds of dollars on some of the gimmicky products. When they are fresh you can try rubbing some Vitamin E Oil on them (I got some from trader joes) or lotion with cocoa butter.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    shoot me a message!

I don't post much in Forums about being a Pure Romance consultant but we do offer a product that helps prevents and heals stretch marks.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've noticed they have faded and I've been using BioOil on the trouble areas. I never had bright red and purple stretch marks tho, they are almost completely faded and only visible in really bright light. I'm getting near a goal weight and I've noticed an improvement in the stretch marks and in my skin snapping back over the last few months. It'll take time, I figure I've got 5 months until I'm rocking a bikini, so I'll give my skin time to heal.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've noticed they have faded and I've been using BioOil on the trouble areas. I never had bright red and purple stretch marks tho, they are almost completely faded and only visible in really bright light. I'm getting near a goal weight and I've noticed an improvement in the stretch marks and in my skin snapping back over the last few months. It'll take time, I figure I've got 5 months until I'm rocking a bikini, so I'll give my skin time to heal.
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options

Bio Oil is the only thing that has improved mine at all.

I have never heard of anyone getting stretch marks from losing weight...i got mine when i was pregnant with my daughter....i didnt gain any weight for like 6 months and basically put on about 40 lbs in the last 20 weeks of pregnancy!! they are horrible!! bit they are starting to look a little better...i have also noticed since i am drinking a lot of water (i mean like over 100 ounces a day) they look like they are improving a little. I am actually planning on doing laser removal as soon as i get my tax returns back :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options

Bio Oil is the only thing that has improved mine at all.

I have never heard of anyone getting stretch marks from losing weight...i got mine when i was pregnant with my daughter....i didnt gain any weight for like 6 months and basically put on about 40 lbs in the last 20 weeks of pregnancy!! they are horrible!! bit they are starting to look a little better...i have also noticed since i am drinking a lot of water (i mean like over 100 ounces a day) they look like they are improving a little. I am actually planning on doing laser removal as soon as i get my tax returns back :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Keep us updated on the laser removal!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend!! I plan on posting pics once i get finished like a before/after
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i was just about to post a topic about this very thing. i have stretch marks on my thighs and they drive me insane. i'm going to florida for spring break in march and i'm already worried about wearing a bikini! most people will be starting at my huge jellyfish tattoo down my left side, but i'm still insecure about it.

i bought mederma and i didn't see any changes, but that was only after one bottle. i'll have to look into this Bio oil stuff!