Hello everyone!

Options
I'm Amanda, i'm 21 years old and live in San Antonio,TX where everything seems to be bigger... including me! I'm currently 4 foot 11 inches and weigh somewhere around 250lbs. I'm at a very, very unhealthy weight for my height! I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol and get severe chest pains often. Walking is a big problem for me and I get worn out easily just walking up the stairs of my apartment. I used to weight 130lbs back in 2007.
It pains me to see everyone look at the photos of me in high school and my freshman year of college, tell me how good I looked then and then kind of cringe at me the way I look now. I HATE looking in the mirror, clothed or naked, either or makes me want to vomit. I feel this way yet my motivation is always the same I would rather just eat myself to death than deal with anything. I need help and I know I need help.

My Plan:

Start off with a goal of 40lbs. Eat in moderation and exercise daily. I will find healthy food alternatives to snack on and not eat so many candy bars for breakfast lol.I also plan to find an exercise program that keeps my interest as well as challenged me on a daily basis. Anything from cardio to aerobics to yoga. So I guess the only thing left to say is Wish Me Luck!

Replies

• brmsrr88
    Options
    Hello Amanda and good luck! Stick with it and anything is possible!
  • kjournigan
    Options
    Hi Amanda, good luck! I know you can stick with it! :)
  • gusandjoe
    Options
    Hello Amanda,

You can do it!!! One day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time. If/when you blow it, pick yourself up, and start agin. Keep your eyes on the prize! I am cheering for you!
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Good luck Amanda. I grew up in SA and I know how many temptations there are. Be strong!! You'll do great!
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda,we are all cheering you on.!!!! You will do it.
  • losingheyhey
    Options
    Ok so how do I start my own message board.. Im lost////
  • sramirez3585
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • jennygurumi
    Options
    Nice meeting you Amanda. Happy to encounter you today. You seem like a great girl who can do anything. :)
  • TexasTKD9
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It really means a lot to have support :smile:
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda,

Welcome!! Make mini goals for yourself and take it one step at a time. Try not to do too much exercise at once because you don't want to be sore the next day. At my heaviest...330...I could hardly walk without my back, legs, hips, and feet hurting. I was so embarrassed by how I looked that when I started exercising all I did was walk back and forth in my upstairs attic. I was too afraid to go for a "real walk" as I wasn't sure I'd be able to make it back to the house!! It got easier as time went on.

For myself I had/have issues with food/eating and I've had to face some things I really didn't want to...I know now food is not the answer nor will it make me feel better because in the end after I pig out I will feel awful...physically and mentally. Whenever I want something I know isn't good for me I tell myself nothing tastes as good as I feel now...I'll be honest most days that helps and some days it doesn't. But I know I am worth all the effort I'm doing and I deserve to be happy and healthy...and you know what?? So do you!!!

So...take baby steps, stay focused, and remember you're doing this for yourself!!! :flowerforyou:
  • VikkiLynn
    Options
    Hi Amanda! Take baby steps if you need to!... There's a lot of people on here that will support you, including myself! It DOES take time and discipline, but if your heart is really in it and so badly want to become healthy, you'll be able to do it! Please look to us if you need anything!
    I just went to San Antonio last week for the first time, and loved it! Take advantage of the warm weather there and take walks. (We have snow here in Pittsburgh, so I'm exercising indoors right now!) :( Start walking around, flat level, then gradually start walking more steps or hills every couple days. You will be amazed how much better you will feel even after a couple weeks! Try to stick with exercising everyday, or every other day, or whatever your plan is, but don't skip a day on your plan, because you will find that once you skip one, then you'll skip another, and keep making exceptions! Best of luck to you! -Vikki
  • LeslieAnn72
    LeslieAnn72 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda, Welcome to MFP. I am fairly new here too and have found this to be a friendly and supportive site. I started journalling my food on 1/3/11 and as of today have lost 9.6 lbs. (71 to go!). I have tried and failed many times. I had at one time lost 50 lbs, but unfortunately I have gained it ALL back. I am determined to get the weight off of me for good. I just turned 38 and the older you get, the harder it truly is to lose.

Somethings I have learned:
    1 ) Don't quit quitting, 2) Set small goals. Don't overwhelm yourself with too high of a number. 3) Reward yourself ~ but not with food. Lose 10 pounds, get your nails done...etc. 4) Be honest with yourself.-Journal your food. I eat like a crazy person when I don't. Journalling, as tedious as it is, is an eyeopener. 5) Support. Friends, family co-workers, MFP's....Support is crucial. 6.) get active. I still have problems with this one, but I'm working on it!

Good luck to you. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • TexasTKD9
    Options
    All of you are so awesome! I've never had this much support from anyone other than my husband. It's nice to hear success stories and know that i'm not the only one going through this!
    Thank you all so much already you've made me feel so welcomed!
  • jae351
    jae351 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi Amanda!! I am a tad bit older than you but we are the same exact height!!! I didn't think there was anyone on this planet as short as me! I just started MFP this week but have found so many supportive people already. I am 37 years old and have been over weight since after I graduated from high school 19 years ago.

Good luck to you on your journey. WE CAN DO THIS!