frustrated with recipe thing

Options
so im frustrated with the recipe thing. on ingrediant i use dragonfly mung bean noodles doesnt seem to be on there and if it is the servining size i know

1 bundle out of 6 isnt and option so now im just lost and frustrated :(

Replies

• fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of that and had to look it up. What are you making?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Add the food to your personal foods using the nutritional information given to you on the packaging (along with the type of serving size it provides - be it measurement or grams, I doubt it gives its measurements in "1 bundle out of 6") or if there isn't any, then use a nutritional data site to try finding it.

E.g.

108460.gif

This is the info you'd enter into your My Foods. Also don't select to share it with MFP because MFP database is already overcrowded as it is.

So if you were using 1/6th of the packaging, if you don't want to weigh it out then simply choose the "entire package" option from the drop-down once the food is created, and enter in 0.167 as your serving size to indicate you are using 1/6th of the nutritional info.
  • rowanstuff
    Options
    I have found when picking ingredients for a recipe that the bar code scanner works for ingredients as well as whole meals. The trick is to adjust the number of servings, since your recipe might feed eight, but the bar-code scanner will only give you the info for one serving.
  • NonSpeakingNotSilent
    Options

I'm making noodles with chicken kale, carrots brocolli and spinach.

1chicken thighs, 1-2 carrots handful of spinach and a liberal amount of brocoli because I love it! :)

I eat very little of the chicken a few bites generally then the rest goes to the dog.

You boiled it all together, chicken first then noodles and veggies and it is yummy. Mostly I want the chicken for flavoring and broth. So I'm not sure if I should say spchicken thiigh or chicken broth since I eat less then an OZ or the chicken.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options

I'm making noodles with chicken kale, carrots brocolli and spinach.

1chicken thighs, 1-2 carrots handful of spinach and a liberal amount of brocoli because I love it! :)

I eat very little of the chicken a few bites generally then the rest goes to the dog.

You boiled it all together, chicken first then noodles and veggies and it is yummy. Mostly I want the chicken for flavoring and broth. So I'm not sure if I should say spchicken thiigh or chicken broth since I eat less then an OZ or the chicken.

If you log that you ate 1oz when you really ate.... well the weighed equivalent of a bite, then you are being incorrect in your logging. Have you considered buying a food scale? IT makes logging much more realistic and accurate.

You should also be eating your protein in full, which will help with weight loss as it will help keep your more full so that you are not tempted to over-eat everything.