More options needed for protein

Options
Need some more Protein ideas. Been doing egg whites, greek yogurt, granola (high in protein kind), grilled chicken, and a protein supplement.

I hate seafood besides shrimp on occasion. Any suggestions?

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
  • terrygolong
    terrygolong Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yeah I went there already, but I do most of the things on there already that I like. Really wish I liked seafood more...
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Beans, nuts, nut butters.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Beef, lamb, pork.
    Goat, mutton, orc.
    Llama, Alpaca, shrimp.

Mork calling Orson, come in Orson.
    Look, an incredible, edible egg!
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I really like quest bars. Good protien, good fiber -low net carbs. (sodium is a little high do-able)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese.

If your store has a nutritionist, it might be worth paying them for an hour of their time. It was the best $60 I ever spent. Did it twice and learned SO MUCH.

They go through the store with you. They'll do whatever helps you and are really so very helpful in the store. Mine even made a "no" sound when she saw me reaching for boxed breadsticks, lol. I still had to check the label to believe they weren't okay, lol. But she knew before I even picked the box up.

Try one out. That's MHO. :)
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    What about Edamame?
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Need some more Protein ideas. Been doing egg whites, greek yogurt, granola (high in protein kind), grilled chicken, and a protein supplement.

I hate seafood besides shrimp on occasion. Any suggestions?

Granola?

Protein:
    Egg (whole egg) fat ain't the enemy
    Cottage Cheese
    Lean steaks *contrary to media BS, red meat is not this horrible thing*
    Boneless Pork Chops
  • beck508
    beck508 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here's a couple of my favorite recipes that offer a lot of protein (all are vegetarian):

1. Lentil "meat"balls with lemon pesto (even non-vegetarians I've served it to go nuts for it). About 150 calories per meatball but super filling and each one has 10 grams of protein: www.marinmamacooks.com/2012/02/lentil-meatballs-with-lemon-pesto/ Great on their own, or with a little rigatoni (or quinoa pasta if you want a little extra protein).

2. Another recipe on that blog that's packed with chickpeas (a good source of protein) is this one: www.marinmamacooks.com/2011/11/warm-butternut-squash-and-chickpea-salad/ . I only use a little of the tahini sauce (about half of what's called for) to cut down on calories, but it's super healthy and filling.

3. Finally, I love this 3-bean chili (can be made with or without meat): www.kitchentreaty.com/slow-cooker-easy-three-bean-chili-with-ground-beef-or-not/ -- it's higher in sodium, but 14 grams of protein per bowl (serves 8).

353183.png
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    more of what you're already eating?
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I like chocolite protein bars from www.healthsmartfoods.com - there are coupon codes at www.retailmenot.com
    I like the Triple chocolate fudge, and my husband likes the cashew caramel.

Don't forget light string cheese.

My husband likes cliff-builder bars.
  • my8891
    my8891 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Tofu can be a delicious way to get more protein!