Help! Need ideas for a healthy appetizer! please? :)

Options
sweetgl
sweetgl Posts: 108 Member
I'm going to a dinner party tomorrow and need to bring an appetizer. Do you guys have any ides? Somthing that would be yummy but healthy and somewhat easy to make? :)

Replies

• aks1985
    aks1985 Posts: 27
    Options
    people love raw veges and dips. raw veges like carrots, brocolli, celery, anything thats finger food and FRESH!

be creative with the dips. try low fat dips...cheese tips...salsa tips...artichoke dips?

I had this for my birthday party and everyone skipped the cookies and gravitated towards the veges - i was shocked!
  • lastraw
    lastraw Posts: 32
    Options
    http://www.bestofbridge.com/2009/05/01/hummus/

Homemade hummus with torn up pita bread and veggies for dippers. I use lots of garlic and peanut butter instead of tahini when I make it. Oh so good and all you need is a blender to whip it up. Have fun.
  • traceysturn
    Options
    Veggie pizza w/ the low fat crust & cream cheese/ranch "sauce" & any veg ya want. Always a big hit & super easy. Google veggie pizza - theres a ton of options.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Yes, hummus is a good idea! also fruit or fruit skewers or furit salad.. How about a 7-layer dip? take 1can fat-free refried beans and mix in 1 TBS of taco seasoning. spread it on bottom of dish. then layer with the following: lettuce, fat-free sour cream, fat-free cheese, green or red onions, olives and salsa. Served them with wheat thins or bake your own tortilla chips.
  • sweetgl
    sweetgl Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :Those all sound like great ideas and yummy! :)
  • caroline1851
    Options
    I make the mexican cold dip pretty healthy.

Layer: organic refried black beans, then Salsa, then Chobani plain yogurt, then lettuce, then light mexican cheese on top. Great for dipping tostito chips-just pick a better one like with lower sodium, etc.
  • Jenbabe402
    Options
    I'd say some kind of fun skewers, like fresh basil, grape tomatoe and mozz cheese cubes- colorful and fun. Otherwise shrimp cocktails are always a hit and are packed with protein
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Cut up chicken breast into small cubes, and saute it in some buffalo sauce. Tasty as wings, without the grease and batter and skins... or the wing sauce all over your face.
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    take sliced deli meat, laughing cow cheese (or light cream cheese) and asparagus... cook the asparagus to al dente. Lay out a slice of the deli meat, spread a little cheese on it, put the spear of asparagus on the edge of the meat then roll it up... cut into 1.5 inch pieces or so and stab them with a tooth pick... or dont stab them with a toothpick ;)
  • jsuemiranda
    jsuemiranda Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    yum!:happy:
  • sarahbear119
    sarahbear119 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Shrimp cocktails possibly?
    Or mix 12 diced roma tomatoes, 1/2 of a cup of basil, 1/2 cup of a diced red onions, 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese ,and 1/8 of a cup of diced garlic. Then chill for an hour.
    Also get a baguette and slice it very thin. Brush with olive oil and cook at 300 for 40 minutes. Put the tomato mixture on top of the bread. It is about 30-50 calories per piece and one gram of fat.
  • duffylinn
    Options
    I've had these before and they're sooo super yummy and healthy! First: slice up cucumbers into discs and then add a bit of salsa on each one. Top off with a small crumble of goat cheese, 1 grape tomatoe and a sprig of cilantro. Very fresh, veggie is light...you only have fat from the goat cheese and that in itself is VERY LITTLE.