Well Hello There

Options
Hi I will be 40 yrs old this summer and can't believe how fast the years and the pounds have come calling. I just had a surgery so I'm in bed recoping for 2 to 4 weeks. But as soon as the dr give me the ok I want to start working out again. I say again because I have always loved working out. I uses to be a hiker and a rock climber and a swimmer and a biker in my last life (before kids). Since kids it seems to all be about them and what they need and want and eat. But as I reach 40 and 240lbs I think I am finally realizing why when your on a plane and they tell you to put your face mask on first before helping your child. Cause if you don't take care of yourself then you won't be around to take care of your child. So its time... Long past time for me to start thinking more about me and less about them (at least one hour a day anyway, the other 23 I might have to share)
Thanks for listening and...."Promise me you'll always remember: you're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"- Christopher Robin to Pooh :wink:

Replies

• 4myfam
    4myfam Posts: 2
    Options
    Welcome! Your story sounds a lot like mine! I turned 40 in November and realized that I NEED to start taking care of me so that I can take care of my kids for many years to come. I've been doing MFP for about 2 weeks. Lets motive each other!
  • ohbother1971
    ohbother1971 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    sure the more support the better!!!
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You won my heart with the Pooh Bear quote :flowerforyou:

Feel free to add me, if you'd like...the more support, the more bearable it is!! :happy:

Leslie