RA Sushi Hot Miso Soup

Options
fbmandy55
fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
I was in the KC area last month and was taken to dinner at RA Sushi. I had never had tofu, hate mushrooms but went out on a limb and tried their hot miso soup. IT WAS GLORIOUS! I've been dying for some spicy miso soup ever since then and I'm going to make an attempt tonight. However, I have never made a miso soup and I believe theirs was a bit different. So, if anyone has had the hot miso soup at Ra Sushi and know a similar miso recipe, please help a sister out!

I have:

Sesame oil
Green Onion
Miso Paste
Mushrooms
Tofu
Bok Choy

And go!

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    ramiso.jpg

My biggest question, what gives this the reddish color rather than a usual pale yellow?
  • ashleighnemeth
    ashleighnemeth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LITERALLY had the same thing happen to me. I went for a conference and loved it so much we ate here all 3 nights. I have been dreaming of this soup since, but have not found anything on how to make this one :( I love spicy and it was super flavorful!
  • sayhitostephz
    sayhitostephz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've never had it, but probably red pepper flakes or some sort of chili paste?
  • midorialexandros
    Options
    I am now on the hunt for this. I am going to try and eat as much asian food as I can, sushi - ect. and I love this soup! Here in pheonix I eat it all the time... I can't figure out what makes it red either. I am wondering if they are putting sriracha in it with red pepper flake.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have never had the miso soup you tried. But I can tell you miso comes in different varieties white and red. Alton Brown had a show foodnetwork.com/shows/good-eats/13-series/pantry-raid-xii-turning-japanese.html where he made miso soup. I just made this Panera copycat broth bowl and it was really flavorful. I used mixed miso, veggie broth and garlic chili sauce. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/03/edamame-broth-bowl.html

Edamame%2BBroth%2BBowl.jpg
  • Jocelync1122
    Jocelync1122 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know this post is super old. I was looking online for a picture of this soup as I was craving it. I had it in Chicago and now I live in Germany. This soup is most likely made with korean spicy chili paste —Gochujang. I signed up for fitnesspal..just to tell you this.