Height affects!

Options
Is anybody here under 5 foot??

Replies

• synchrohobbit
    synchrohobbit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am not, more like almost 5' 1", but I feel like being even this short makes losing just a few pounds really difficult. What are your goals?
  • littlebeth94
    Options
    Well that's still short... And yeah, it does make it harder. I feel like I have to eat half a normal person's portion. I am trying to lose like 10 lbs, but my goal in doing that is just to be healthier. What about you? Any struggles?
  • 2dogmom
    2dogmom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot. I think it's funny how walking at 4.5 is "very brisk pace". For me that is running! I have a lot more to loose (50+ pounds) and so far the weight is coming off pretty easy. Hope it stays that way for awhile.
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I'm 5 foot. I think it's funny how walking at 4.5 is "very brisk pace". For me that is running! I have a lot more to loose (50+ pounds) and so far the weight is coming off pretty easy. Hope it stays that way for awhile.

i'm 5'3 and on the treadmill 3.5 is a jog and 4 is running i've NOT tried 4.5 yet i'd probably fall off lol
  • bluemartini6
    Options
    5'2" - short people short legs! I'm excited when I can go 6 mph on the elliptical...then my uncle tells me 8 mph is his cool down (are you kidding me?)

Plus how many calories are people on? 1220 is supposed to be my max. Week one, I was starving and couldn't stop thinking about food. Week 2 (this week) has been better, but i've also indulged in some snacks I didn't have last week (but stayed within calories). I keep seeing all these posts about how hard it is for people to eat 1200 calories (as in they are too full), but I feel like i was the opposite! Anyone else?
    Like I said, seems better this week and I don't know how many calories I was eating before I started mfp - maybe you just adjust? like right now i have around 300 left, but know I'll be up for a few more hours and have another snack or two.
  • Jess_03
    Jess_03 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Totally agree! I'm 5' even. Some machines are just uncomfortable since its modeled for taller people, like the combo stair/elliptical machine.
  • missgreen74_2003
    missgreen74_2003 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    5'2" - short people short legs! I'm excited when I can go 6 mph on the elliptical...then my uncle tells me 8 mph is his cool down (are you kidding me?)

Plus how many calories are people on? 1220 is supposed to be my max. Week one, I was starving and couldn't stop thinking about food. Week 2 (this week) has been better, but i've also indulged in some snacks I didn't have last week (but stayed within calories). I keep seeing all these posts about how hard it is for people to eat 1200 calories (as in they are too full), but I feel like i was the opposite! Anyone else?
    Like I said, seems better this week and I don't know how many calories I was eating before I started mfp - maybe you just adjust? like right now i have around 300 left, but know I'll be up for a few more hours and have another snack or two.

It is hard for me to eat 1200 cal a day because i started my first week of dieting by doing the slimfast 321 diet. I was starving all the time, then a wonderful thing happened! My tummy shrunk!! Now i never can finish my calories. I eat a half cup of soup and i'm full whereas before i'd eat the whole can. Hang in there, your tummy will shrink and things will get easier.
  • missgreen74_2003
    missgreen74_2003 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    oh by the way, i'm probably one of the shortest ppl on here lol..

i'm a whopping 4ft 6.5 in :D!!! WOOT
    i'm 180 lbs and hoping to get to 100
    What is everyone elses ideal weight?
    I'm not exactly sure what I should weigh because no charts so low enough for my height lol. But my wii said i should weigh 80 but i think that might be too little.
  • synchrohobbit
    synchrohobbit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am also looking to lose about 5-10 pounds to drop my BMI and body fat percent to 20 each. Sometimes I feel like my stomach is the size of a normal person's but I am not supposed to eat very much! The only way I can cope with it is to exercise as much as possible so I can eat enough to be full.
  • littlebeth94
    Options
    Totally, it's hard for me to stay in my 1200 calorie limit, you are not alone! i've heard it gets easier once your stomache gets used to having less calories. We CAN do this!
  • littlebeth94
    Options
    Oh btw, f you're 4'7" ish you 100 sounds great. It depends on the person really, anywhere from 95 to 115 is the recommended weight I think?
  • littlebeth94
    Options
    @synchrohobbit; excercise is the best way, at least I've heard, to losing weight. Because then you're sure that what you're losing is fat not muscle. So you're on the right track I think :)
    Congrats to the success of everyone so far! Keep going!
  • bluemartini6
    Options
    Glad to know others are out there exercising to eat more...yesterday I went outside and shoveled snow, while it while still snowing to get a few extra calories! Actually it was me trying to make up for eating half a bagel from panera...really pa

SW: 152 (heavist probably 156 or so)
    CW: 149
    GW: ? - small steps but I'm thinking 135, generally i'm trying to lose a couple pounds a week and we'll see what happens. 125 would be absolute ideal, but I don't think it's realistic since I probably haven't weighed that in 10 years. Note, 135 is on higher BMI end of "normal", but while i'm short, i don't think i'm petite.
  • bluemartini6
    Options
    trailed off but i was going to complain about the calories in panera bagels - 430! (it was cininamon or something, but really I eat entire meals for less) - check online first if you're like me and love breads