BMR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
According to my BMR I should be consuming 1570 cal. I think thats low. Im not really losing weight and I need help with my numbers. Any suggestions?

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    What are you stats? Age, height, weight, goal weight, current intake. How long have you been at the intake you're at? How long have you been stalled? Do you weigh your solids on a food scale and measure liquids?
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Your BMR is what your body uses to run itself. It's not necessarily what you should be eating. To lose weight you need to eat below your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE). How much have you currently been eating, for how long, were you losing weight before and stalled? If so how long has the stall been. What is your current height and weight and what was your starting weight?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Your BMR is what your body uses to run itself. It's not necessarily what you should be eating. To lose weight you need to eat below your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE).

Yup. Find your TDEE and then maybe go with 90% of that.

Also make sure you are accurately and consistently logging your food intake.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Your BMR is what your body uses to run itself. It's not necessarily what you should be eating. To lose weight you need to eat below your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE). How much have you currently been eating, for how long, were you losing weight before and stalled? If so how long has the stall been. What is your current height and weight and what was your starting weight?

What was the TDEE online calculator you used?
  • Trinketona
    Trinketona Posts: 190
    Options
    What are you stats? Age, height, weight, goal weight, current intake. How long have you been at the intake you're at? How long have you been stalled? Do you weigh your solids on a food scale and measure liquids?

I am 33 years old, 5 9 height, 195 lbs, goal weight is 170 I'm currently at 1570 intake but was at 1850 and no results. Losing very slow, its frustrating. Yes i weigh my food.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    What is slow to you? Keep in mind, with less weight to lose, slow weight loss is better than quick. You'll be better suited to retain lean mass, which is what leaves you looker leaner as you lose. I'd say keep up the good work :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

I am 33 years old, 5 9 height, 195 lbs, goal weight is 170 I'm currently at 1570 intake but was at 1850 and no results. Losing very slow, its frustrating. Yes i weigh my food.

eat less than 1850, but stay above 1570.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

so wait.
    no results or losing slow...?

because if you're losing, those are results.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Set MFP to lose 1 pound a week. How much does it say to eat? Also, you eat more when you exercise (assuming that you have chosen the correct activity level).
  • Trinketona
    Options
    I'll lose a pound or 2 then go up again then drop one.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

congrats!! you're normal.
  • rileyleigh
    rileyleigh Posts: 106 Member
    Options

congrats!! you're normal.

Exactly! And are you losing a pound or two and going up in one day, one week, or one month? Your day to day weight can fluctuate up or down 5 pounds easily. If you notice a downward trend over a month or 2, then you are having result. Typically a 1-2 pound loss per week is a pretty good rate of weight loss.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

Welcome to weight loss. :bigsmile:
  • Trinketona
    Options
    its been like this for over a month. I dropped and then stalled..... Maybe ill up my calories by 150 see if that makes a difference
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    its been like this for over a month. I dropped and then stalled..... Maybe ill up my calories by 150 see if that makes a difference
    Pick a number and stick with it. Preferably TDEE minus 15-20%. Eat that for 4-6 weeks, then reassess.
  • rileyleigh
    rileyleigh Posts: 106 Member
    Options

I don't know much about you, but upping your calories will almost definitely not result in weightloss. If you are not losing at the amount of calories you are eating now, then you are either eating more than you think you are, or your calorie goal is simply too high.

I always hesitate to suggest people eat fewer calories, but I would definitely suggest you triple check your logging methods to make sure you are logging 100% accurately. If you are guessing at portion sizes, or using any form of logging other than actually weighing in grams/ounces, you are likely underestimating how much you are eating.

If you are 100% positive that your logging is perfect, then perhaps cut back a few more calories and see if that gets you results.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

It's not going to make it any better. This is just how weight loss works. You don't lose weight every day. Some days you'll maintain, some days you will gain. How long has it taken you to lose the eight pounds?
  • ckrueger5398
    Options
    It's really not that low once you change what you eat. I am currently on low carbs. So I don't eat any bread, potatoes, pasta, nothing. I also have almost no sugar every day. It's been 2 weeks this coming Saturday, I am already down 6 lbs. I don't exercise and have a desk job. If you decide to do it based on calorie intake, eat more vegetables and fruit. No soda, flavored water that contain calories, or Gatorade. My low carb diet, I am not hungry, and am under my daily calorie intake every day. You can do this!!
  • Trinketona
    Options
    Its taken me a while cause i wont lose any weight then i stall so probably about 2 months or more. My weight before i even started i was 256. Ive lost 61 pounds but its take me over 13 years. I lost a lot at the beginning but then stalled.