TRX home fitness cables

Options
Have you seen these TRX home fitness cables? Are they worth the investment (if you use them) or just another gimmick?

I have watched a couple youtube videos on them but sales men always make their product look like you can't live with out it. After all that is the job of any good salesman.

Replies

• Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    TRX is not a cable system - it's a strap system where you use your own body weight/angle as resistance.

There's certainly a lot of fitness gimmicks. That said, the TRX is not one of them - it's legit. While it will never replace and should never replace free weight training, it is a good substitute for someone who may not have the room or $ for a gym, as it can be used pretty much anywhere there's a sturdy high-point to suspend it from.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    IMO, one of the BEST home equipment pieces you can own. It's portable, it's light, and it can stowed away really easy. Exercises aren't as easy as they sound and just changing leverage makes them more difficult.
    I use them daily for training with clients (along with weights and conditioning) as well as have one of my own for personal use.
    I don't sell them or profit from them in any way.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    TRX is a great system. And, you can easily challenge yourself by making adjustments in how you're using them. I've never used that at home, but use them with my trainer.
  • Got_Discipline
    Got_Discipline Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    They look pretty impressive and of course I like how portable and easy to set up they look. I see many benefits to owning a system like this, thanks for the feedback.
  • sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I use them at my gym ....they are awesome
  • JCLondonUK
    JCLondonUK Posts: 159
    Options
    TRX is great. I do it at the gym. But don't spring for the TRX branded kit - there are excellent kits that are the same, but cheaper. I've got the WOSS straps, and they're the same as the straps in the gym and do the job just as well. But much cheaper. I think mine were about £40 from Amazon. You don't get the frame etc, of course, just the straps. I'd love a full TRX system at home, but in a small apartment and without a lottery win it ain't gonna happen. :smile:

PS - I've got nothing to do with WOSS, or any other outfit.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    TRX straps are best used in the bedroom......
  • kelvincornish1
    Options
    I consider myself very fit at 53yrs old and have done many exercise routines including Insanity and now doing Athlean-X. However, in my gym the straps were hanging at the pull bar so I asked one of the instructors about them. She gave me a quick 15 minute demonstration and I thought "wow, that was tough....but great". For the first time in my life I am paying for a personal trainer. I truly believe that it is worth the investment (£15 for 30 minutes) to supplement my Athlean-X routine which I am currently doing. I have had two sessions so far and I can tell you it is tough. The instructor knows me and knows I have a high level of fitness so she started me on a high level. I believe that this is a superb type of exercise for those at all fitness levels but it can be confusing and you can get it wrong if you do not follow some type of instruction.