peanut butter jelly time!

Options
bmorebatman
bmorebatman Posts: 50 Member
soooo i don't know about you guys out there... but i looooove my peanut butter and jelly!
here are a few ways i've found this week to incorporate these delicious condiments into REAL meals :laugh: i'm looking for more!

i make pbj oatmeal!:smile:
1/4 cup quick oats
1/4 fuji apple (chopped)
1/3 cup 1% milk
1/8 cup california seedless raisins (dried plums work too!)
1 tbsp natural crunchy peanut butter
1 tbsp all natural apple butter
microwave for about 1 min 30 sec. stir, enjoy!

i've mixed this up too by adding in banana's, sunflower seeds, mixed nuts, switching up the jams (applesauce works too)... and on one delicious day i added in a tbsp of dark chocolate chips i had left over from a birthday cake baking! be creative! i also usually add a pinch of salt and cinnamon at the end, once i've nuked it
i found its a good way to get in a lot of servings of fruit it first thing in the morning without feeling like i'm eating a wimpy little fruit salad and it fills the pbj craving!

post workout i've been having:
light yogurt, some kind of berry flavor
1/2 - 1 tbsp natural crunchy pb mixed in
1/2 a banana.
it sounds kind of weird, but i'm not really into the texture of just plain yogurt, so this thickens it up a bit and adds a little crunch that i need that to get the healthy yogurt goodness in me. i used to put dry grapenuts cereal in my yogurt too, but i haven't bought that for a while. ...

:flowerforyou:

any other delicious suggestions??

Replies

• ElizabethDante
    Options
    this might sound gross but i love peanut butter smoothies :)

ha! just use some natural yogurt and a spoon of peanut butter and some fruit :D

i like the berry and peanut butter but my friends like banana and peanut butter ! uber yummy!
  • chewy8874042
    chewy8874042 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Today, I bought powdered peanut butter. Apparently, it has been around for a while, and I just didn't know about it. It's called PB2 and it only has 45 calories per serving - I thought it was AWESOME! As much as I crave peanut butter I cannot afford to eat it as often as I like, so this was a great alternative for me!
  • Heifort1
    Heifort1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am a peanut butter FREAK! Where did you find the powder? Is there a online store I can purchase it from? I'm using Herbalife shakes and could add some in my breakfasts. Mmmm...
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    I am a peanut butter FREAK! Where did you find the powder? Is there a online store I can purchase it from? I'm using Herbalife shakes and could add some in my breakfasts. Mmmm...
    Found it: http://bellplantation.com/
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

Through the bell plantation site as mentioned you can find a store to avoid shipping costs. The Low Carb Grocer ships if needed, it's in Toronto. It's fun but for $6 I use it like 2-3 x a month if that. Pb isn't a big deal for me.
  • jtreadwell
    jtreadwell Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love pb&j so I buy uncrustables so I can still enjoy it without having to measure out the jelly and peanut butter in order to track my calories. The whole wheat uncrustable with strawberry jelly is my favorite.

3574600.png
  • Heifort1
    Heifort1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info on the PB powder! I'm having protien shakes for breakfast and it would be a GREAT addition...mmmm.
  • Brennabean
    Brennabean Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    sweets are not my weakness when im watching what im eating... peanut butter is haha. I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER. I can seriously sit there and eat an entire jar if i didnt stop myself. i freaking love it. GNC has a great peanut butter. its called power peanut butter. the serving size is 4 TBS not 2 and you get about 25 g of protein about 12 g of fat and i think its only about 200 calories for 4 TBS. but it has omegas 3-6-9 in it. and it has flax seed oil and seeds in it. and its sooooo good. you just have to mix it up well lol. its like 6 bucks.