Motivation needed!!!

Options
After losing a total of 2st 2lb since May I'm starting to find myself slipping into old habits...I never agreed with fad diets but I've been seriously tempted to try the James Duncan one....(sorry) MFP has helped me with tracking progress and keeping my calories in line,BUT I could really use a kick in the *kitten* a motivator or just someone to give me a good shake...my goal weight is still 18lbs away...Help!

Replies

• mikkiish
    mikkiish Posts: 17
    Options
    Trying to lose around 10-20lbs. Need motivation as well add me?
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    You need to find what motivates you, what pushes you to keep going.

Watch this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbkZrOU1Zag
  • audrast
    audrast Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Give yourself something to focus on. A mantra, a collage, something you can turn to when you feel yourself slipping.

For me, Dory's song from Finding Nemo, "Just Keep Swimming" does it for me. It has become my mantra. When things get tough... just keep swimming. When I feel like I'm not making progress ... just keep swimming.

Maybe for you, try making a collage of pictures, like a dress you want to fit into, a picture of the beach you want to wear a bikini at, a photo of yourself at a happier weight. Something that you can literally focus on to keep you focused on your goal.

Lastly, make a goal that is performance based rather than a number on a scale. If you want to run a 5k, train for it and your body will adjust. If you want to get to 20 pushups, train. Bench presses, bicep curls, crunches. Something where you can gauge your progress with action rather than math.

You can do it!