try this - decreases your craving

2»

Replies

• Too much work.

Read my mind
    yes

unfortunately, things require work in life. And that's the sad part of life, I agree. The next best thing to do about it is to carefully direct the focus to the fun part of it so that it doesn't feel like work anymore. Because, sometimes, thinking about images in new ways, of images that we already have anyways, to more intelligently guide our emotions can be a fascinating thing, that can have multiplying dividends down the road just from a few simple tricks. NLP is something you already do, and becoming aware of how the images you make in your mind affect you, and how to have happier emotions from that, could be a fun, enjoyable way to pass time, and maybe you'll reach your goals along the way as well.
  • When I started watching Netflix instead of regular TV programming, my cravings went down substantially. No more food commercials!

I love your idea, though. I have been able to change a lot of powerful associations in my mind just by using my imagination.
  • When I started watching Netflix instead of regular TV programming, my cravings went down substantially. No more food commercials!

I love your idea, though. I have been able to change a lot of powerful associations in my mind just by using my imagination.

You are right on. If you decrease the number of times where you are playing movies inside your mind inadvertently by watching food commercials, you naturally begin to emotionally move away from food and have a much more relaxing time sticking to your diet.

The exercise that I was describing in the first post is just a next step thing where even without watching a 'commercial' for de-advertising yourself from food, you can still create the same emotional affect by making the images gray and small (and also flat and foggy and less realistic - there are a couple ways to do this depending on the food image constantly being played inside the individual), and farther away, and as a result, attach a more bland emotion to food to make staying on track with your diet foods much easier. You can practice doing this when you go by the food aisle section in the super markets. And after you've done it a couple times, you may being to do it unconsciously without even thinking about it and you'll be wondering where your food craving disappeared to!