The last 5 pounds.......

Options
I am in need of some advice. I started my weight loss program back in August, weighing 170 lbs. I sucessfully lost 40 pounds and am currently at 130. I am super proud and happy about my weight loss, but still would like to lose another 5 pounds, and be at 125. My height is 5'7 so it's still within my normal range. However, I seem to be stuck. I notice that I will get down to 128 and then back to 130, I can't seem to get to 125. I workout 5 days a week, and mix up my workout everyday and I stay within my calorie goal. Is there any advice someone can give me to achieve my last goal of losing 5lbs, or have I hit a dead end? Like I said I am happy about my weight loss, but wanted to reach my goal. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    wwow i admire you im like the same height as you and im begging to get to 170...
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    Do you eat back all of your excercise calories? If not, that could be why. Also, believe it or not, having a cheat meal might trick up your metabolism and help a bit :)
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I started at about the same weight with a goal of 140, and the scale will not budge past 145 despite careful attention to diet and exercise. I do think I have added quite a bit of muscle. I have read that the last few are the toughest. I am going to try to really cut the carbs this week and see if it helps. I think 130 @ 5'7 sounds great! Good luck to you. Enjoy your extraordinary success!
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I went to Jenny Craig many years ago and I got stuck like that. They told me to increase my calories (adding some fat) for a few days, then drop the calories back down. You may gain a pound, but then should be able to lose that last 5 pounds. Good luck.
  • ElisaMarie82
    Options
    First off, I want to say how incredibly proud I am of you!!! The last few pounds are always the hardest! I hear all these stories of plateaus and am just waiting for me to hit mine. With your motivation and determination, YOU WILL HIT THAT GOAL! I wish I had advise for you but I have yet to hit mine.