what do you eat

Options
On the 1200 to 1400 calorie diet what do you eat to stay satisfied? Im 5'3 about 240...im so ready to do this...getting my groceries and plan together. TiA feel free to add me!

Replies

• AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Lots of stuff full of protein. Chicken, full fat cottage cheese, string cheese, eggs. I do protein to keep me full, and when I'm low on energy I'll eat something like a bagel for the carbs to pick me up.
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I eat what I ate before, except the portion is now around half. I have not stopped eating anything I like and I feel satisfied by that. I find whole grains satisfy me more than refined ones and I make sure I eat a fair amount of protein. As long as I stay within my calorie limit, I eat pretty much what I desire. All the best!
  • ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    When I eat crap, I am never satisfied. Incorporating fruit, veggies and legumes always has me satisfied and minimizes my cravings. Good luck!
  • DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Protein!!! If you're doing that few calories, you probably don't wanna use up a big chunk of your calories for the day on potato chips or candy or things that won't be satiating. Try chicken breasts, fish fillets, eggs, yogurt, etc. Also add big portions of veggies with your meals, lots of fiber and not a lot of calories. At the same time though, make room for foods you really enjoy, even if it means just a small portion. I find it easier if I pre-log those "treat" foods, then I know what I have to work with the rest of the day.
  • Strong_like_Donkey_Kong
    Options
    For lunch and dinner, I eat a good portion of meat or seafood (grilled chicken, salmon, turkey burgers, sea scallops, etc.) with at least half my plate being vegetables roasted or steamed and maybe half a tablespoon of olive oil for healthy fats. Snacks are usually some fruit and nuts or guacamole (I like the 100 calorie cups of gauc that you can find in the produce section). Almond Butter is also amazing, but I could eat a whole jar in a week if I let myself. I generally save breakfast for something a little more carb dense. Such as a sweet potato or banana. You could also try a piece of whole grain toast with guacamole or peanut/almond butter. Lunch and Dinner for me tend to be boring, but then I allow myself more variety for snacks and breakfast. Because, who doesn't love breakfast?
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is one of those 100 calorie bowls of oatmeal.

Snack - fruit

Lunch - 4oz chicken or turkey, 4 oz beans or brown rice, and 4 oz of a veggie (not salad because I need dressing for salads and GOOD LORD that messes me up)

Snack - Fruit - probably rasberries

Dinner - 6 oz protein, 4 oz of some veggie like cauliflower or asperagus (sometimes more depending on calories), then a bunch of salad with NO MORE than 2 TBS of itialian dressing low calorie.

Snack - 100 calorie snack pack. I am DIGGING these brownie bites ones.

I know, mines not PERFECT, but this is the world I am currently living in until I can find a way to add snacks.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals ahead of time so I could hit my macros/micros and allocated calories for booze and snacks. The only foods I don't eat are the ones I don't want to eat.
  • Sarra33
    Sarra33 Posts: 30
    Options
    What I eat varies from day to day but there are a few things that I like to have around.

Silver Hills Little Big Bread - it's a whole grain bread that is very satisfying but only 110 cal for 2 slices
    Eggs
    Thinly sliced ham
    Cheese
    Peanut butter
    Jam (always homemade)
    2% milk
    Honey nut cheerios

My go-to breakfast is coffee with a little bit of cream and sugar and a PBJ sandwich made with that bread, 1 Tbsp peanut butter and 1/2 Tbsp homemade jam. That's 300 calories and plenty satisfying for a few hours.

Lunch is often 1 slice of bread, 15g of ham, a generous pinch (5g) of grated mozzarella, a poached egg, and 1 tsp ketchup. (147 cal)

Dinner I usually put together 400-600 cal worth of protein (usually fish or chicken) and vegetables. Sometimes I will include yams, quinoa salad, roast potatoes or corn.

Honey Nut Cheerios and milk is my usual bedtime snack (171 cal)

I will occasionally substitute breakfast, lunch or snacks with a protein shake (230 cal) or bar (210 cal).

I also have MFP connected to my Fitbit which adds extra calories to MFP automatically when I get lots of activity during the day so if I want a bigger dinner or snack then I go walk a few KM to earn it.

I am sure others will be able to come up with lower calorie options but I like full fat products as they tend to be less processed and make me full longer and I won't eat artificial sweeteners.

ETA: Once a week I will go out and eat a totally off-plan meal (yesterday was fish and chips complete with fried pickles, chocolate gelato and a Starbucks energy drink) but I still track it all and make sure I get my exercise in to make up for it. That's why I love the Fitbit.

If you deprive yourself of the things you love you will be so much more likely to binge. This should be fun!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    When I was doing that more often, protein at every meal and lots of vegetables, some fruit, some dairy, starchy carbs mainly at only one meal.

If you want, my diary is open and I was eating around 1250 back in the spring (now that I'm more active I'm eating more, even though I weigh less).
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I don't need a lot of variety or extravagance in my diet, when pursuing a deficit, so my current "go-to" meal is a ham and cheese sandwich, on white, which clocks in at about 300. Of course, this isn't the lowest calorie option, but it has a decent enough nutritional profile that I don't lose too much sleep over it.

For snacks, I typically opt for something fairly high in protein (e.g. canned herring in tomato sauce).

To fill any gaps, I usually drink skim milk (habit, although I know the higher fat options aren't evil), due to its protein content.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    After years of low carb/high protein eating, I have recently made a move to the low carb/high fat (aka, Keto) and I love it.

I generally feel better (more energetic, less hungry, less bloated, less breakouts etc) when I eat minimal carbs.

The last week I hit what I consider to be my ideal of 80% Fat, 15% Protein & 5% Carbs for my macros.

Lots of bacon, coconut oil & cream, peanut butter, eggs, butter, cheese, aioli, beef, chicken and cream.
    Some occasional berries, garden salads, cauliflower and broccoli.
    Protein cookies/brownies/bars or sugar free chocolate for when I want something chocolatey.
  • Serenitynow29
    Serenitynow29 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The big salad! And it still beat me. Comes in just at 232 calories ( if you can finish it! :devil: )

12 oz romaine
    4 oz baby spinach
    8 oz cucumber
    4 oz tomato

Salad dressing
    8 oz red bell pepper
    & 5.5 oz of peach
    Blend and pour over the salad bowl contents

I couldn't finish it. I did get about 90% down. In the future, I would divide this salad ( and the dressing) in half.

Oh and giant amounts of fruit, today I had 2.866 lbs of watermelon. So that came to just under 400 calories
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    You should really see your doctor before beginning your weight loss journey. They can make sure nothing is wrong and take blood if they want it.

The doctor can also tell you what sort of food you should be eating. :)
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I looooove egg whites. this morning I had 9 tbsp. of eggwhites for only 75 cals, added in some green peppers and put it on a piece of whole wheat toast and some salsa on top. ended up being just under 170 cals and it honestly filled me up. I love eating more at night so its crucial for me to have small breakfasts, but this can also be a snack!
  • zman1313
    zman1313 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Eggs, vanilla greek yogurt, brown rice, chicken, peeled/deveined shrimp, whey protein, fruit, almonds, etc. When I'm craving something salty I'll have a serving of wheat thins or Boom CHicka Pop popcorn (this stuff is really good! 110 calories for 3 cups.)

I was never a huge sweet tooth, but when I get a craving for ice cream I just make sure I weigh it out.
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Here is one of my meal preps. Super easy to make

Trader joes "just chicken"
    Onions
    Mushrooms
    Spinach
    Stir fried and drilled with soy sauce.

I eat this with some brown rice and tastes delicious and healthy

imagejpg1_zpsb8cb9b9f.jpg
  • Sarra33
    Sarra33 Posts: 30
    Options
    One thing that I have found over the years is that those 100 calorie snack packs are BAD things for me to have around. Once I get started I can plow through a whole box in 20 minutes flat. Then I've eaten 600 calories and I'm still hungry.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    On the 1200 to 1400 calorie diet what do you eat to stay satisfied? Im 5'3 about 240...im so ready to do this...getting my groceries and plan together. TiA feel free to add me!

My diary is open and I try to hit between 1300-135 cals per day with 125+ protein, 45-50ish fat, 25 fiber minimum. I'm pretty good at it.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    The few (short term) times I have gone down to 1400cals.
    1kg (2.2lbs) chicken
    lettuce
    fibrous veggies
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    errythang. just less of it.