new and 75 lbs to lose.

Options
mattn72
mattn72 Posts: 14 Member
Signed up today and have 75 lbs to lose and then hope to keep it off. Looking for friends along the way to help motive me and hopefully I can return the favor. Nice to meet everyone and good luck!

Thanks,
Matt

Replies

• Cc215
    Cc215 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi Matt

I have the same amount as you left to lose (I've been here a few weeks now and am already 9 pounds down :))

Just popping in to say hi and good luck with it all too!!

C
  • JennyBilyeu
    JennyBilyeu Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good morning! You can so do this!!! It takes baby steps and 1 pound at a time. I'm proud for you. This is a great place to start. The support is fantastic and it's all positive criticism, if criticism is warranted. Nothing but wonderful folks who got your back. I have 107 lbs to lose, and I've made some amazing friends here. Add me if you would like to. Here for ya!
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Here are some awesome links that will help you get started on the right foot. Choose friends wisely & slowly.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/the-path-of-success-631437

Get a cup of coffee, pull up a chair (the ones by the windows are nice) and read. :flowerforyou:
  • iceycream
    iceycream Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi

I started 2 weeks ago with 77lbs to lose :) I've lost 10lbs, so on my way!!

My weight gain started when I quit smoking and then I hated the way I looked so ate more. it was a total vicious circle that I'm (hopefully) out of now.

Good luck with the weight loss....
  • nolafit0730
    Options
    I'm in the same boat Matt. I've started before and lost motivation and just gave up (multiple times). Well today when I got on the scale and saw 195 it scares the crap out of me. I told myself I've got to do something. I went for a 30 minute walk and here I am. I signed up at the local YMCA so I can participate in the fitness classes. I'm hoping with it being in a group setting I will stick to it. Nice to meet you and have a wonderful day!

Stephanie
  • mattn72
    mattn72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quick responses! it's just seems so overwhelming and so far away. I've been there before but its such a distant past. Seems likle starting over the second time, or 100th time, is so much harder. Like it was said, baby steps.
  • Shardaeeire3
    Shardaeeire3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI everyone! I started my weight loss journey 3 weeks ago and down 10lbs with 77 to go...Feel free to add me and Good luck
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    All of you looking to lose a large amount...Stick to it. It can be done! I'm cheering for you!!!!! Feel free to add me!