Replies

• oameyers
    oameyers Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My goal is 1200 + some exercise calories
  • Kate_Bot
    Kate_Bot Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I eat around 1500 net calories a day.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I aim for 1450 max and will gradually reduce that.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have mine set for 1300 but will eat between 1200-1500, wish they would allow you to set a range rather than a number.

You can add me but I warn you, I don't eat the healthiest diet. I just eat whatever I want and can fit in that range.
  • ebyrnes66
    ebyrnes66 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure my diary is open, I generally eat around that range. I find it's easier for me to eat a light breakfast and lunch around 200 calories each (I have to eat breakfast as I have bad acid reflux and get sick if I skip, but some people just eliminate that meal altogether with some success), and have a larger dinner, or have a smaller dinner and several snacks throughout the afternoon/evening. I also plan out my meals the day before, so even if I end up subbing things out, it's easier to know how to pace myself throughout the day so I don't run out of calories too early!
  • joyfylgrl
    Options
    I am!!!! I'm on a mostly vegan diet so keeping that isn't too tough...most veggies are relatively low calorie, beans/quinoa etc aren't high calorie...biggest challenge is fruits ;)
  • littlejane91
    Options
    I'm in that range! I shoot for 1200-1300 but eat back some of my exercise calories too. I've only come back to logging in the last week or so but years ago I was an MFP addict so I have become quite good at counting and making calories stretch haha! :drinker:
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    i'm 1400 I'm usually pretty close, feel free to add me:)
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm in that range as well and I invite anyone to add me:)

What is helping me quite a bit is pre-planning my food the day before, so I know that if dinner is going to be larger, I cut back on lunch and breakfast calories etc. I am also feeling up with loads of water, and at lease one (sometimes both) of lunch and/or supper is a big *kitten* salad with five cups of greens as a base. I top the salad with yummy creamy/chewy/crunchy flavors and textures and make sure to get some good protein in there too. The salad ends up being a pretty large volume of food, so I feel like I'm getting a nice big meal.

I like these exercise tips - I want to add more activity into my routine but hadn't thought about how awesome it must be to be able to add the calories (or most of them at least) to daily food intake. I would have LOVED a little side dish to my lunch quesadilla today and I could have done so if I got a walk in. Something to think about!
  • mallorytravels
    mallorytravels Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 1200-1500 too, feel free to add me!
  • reachingforarainbow
    reachingforarainbow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I recently have been eating more like 1500, kind of varies. Some weeks I just need more food. And I allow for that. If your having trouble sticking to lowered calories, try to eat a maintenance for a week or two. Or even a day or too. (But still track your calories)

Adding in excercise is pretty awesome and can help alot. Also if your activity level varies from day to day, I would suggest you get a tracker (you can get the app moves, for your cell phone, and its free, you just need to have your cell phone with you)
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Keep the junk food out of the house - less likely to cheat. Potato chips are my downfall.

Fill up. And up and up! Lots of veggies with a pat of butter. Two cups of frozen veggies are filling and the pat adds much more flavor than calories.
    More protein! I keep around ready-to-eat protein like cottage cheese, tuna, and canned beans. I cook chicken, lean beef, and fish. The fish is pretty expensive so it is once per week.
    Fresh fruit for snack.
    Watch the carbs. A coupla sandwiches and a little pasta at dinner and you are outta there! I try to limit carbs to the morning and before working out.
    Spices! I just don't have time to do much cooking or preparing fancy salads. Frozen and canned vegetables can get boring. Cumin, pepper, oregano, 5-spice, whatever.

Exercise, but don't depend on it to keep you in your calorie range. "You can't out-race your fork."
  • Mrs_Waddlez
    Mrs_Waddlez Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to the original 1780 that MFP gave me. I stay between 13-1600 please feel free to add me and loo at my diary for ideas :)
  • astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Feel free to add me! I generally eat between 1200 and 1500 cal (sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more). I generally make sure to eat veggies, fruits, lean protein (fish, for example), and butter or olive oil daily.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like (or anyone eating 12-1500 cals)! I think you'll drive yourself crazy sticking strictly to 1200, though. Yesterday I ate closer to 2000, other days I'll eat around 1200. Realistically you're not gonna eat 1200 calories a day for the rest of your life so it's okay to eat more. Also exercise helps give you some extra wiggle room for more food.
  • Scotty2288
    Options
    What i found helps alot is to have containers that have the right serving sides and make one for breakfast lunch and dinner. That way you don't have to think about it :)
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    that is what mfp gives me too. if it wasn't for my daily walks and the added calories I earn, I could never make it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1500- but I eat back- so I wind up around 18-1900- but I have my diary laid out pretty well so that my eat back calories are their own meal and or snack (like after gym- or snack) everything else adds up on its' own to about 1500- it sucks- but it's do-able.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm around there. Though very confused at the moment because I'm trying to figure out my TDEE method and not knowing if I should trust it. I jumped from 1200 to 1440 and might go higher.
  • shapelyJ
    shapelyJ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm also in that range. MFP has me set for 1210 Cal/day but I always try to eat back my exercise calories which lands me on a daily intake around 1300-1600 :)

Add me :)