California Girls!

Options
I would love to have more friends that are in the same time zone, have similar weight loss goals, and are around the same age, as me!! So if you are a West Cost Girl, around 25-47 years old, with 40-70 pounds to lose HIT ME UP! Send me a friend request. I am a fulltime student and work part-time so if you are a student too that would be awesome!! Lets support each other and share tips & tricks!! We can do this!!!

I am 36 years young
SW 238 5-18-10
CW 213 9-1-10
GW 170 5-18-11

Replies

• Halloweenmom2
    Options
    YOU ALREADY HAVE ME!!! :D
  • aquavitae30
    Options
    Okay I added you as a friend. We are actually pretty close as far as current weight, and weight loss goals. I'm currently 219 lbs, 30 years old, and have been a Southern California girl my whole life! L.A. to San Fernando Valley and now San Diego. :)
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Central cali here....but i have like 110 pounds to go:(
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    @ d_b_Rocks I think we are all ready friends! 40... 110 It doesn't matter I just am tired of logging in and everyone is all ready done with their day! I feel left out.... lol
  • FocusPlease
    FocusPlease Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm in the LA area--I know what you mean about everyone being done before us!: ) Congrats on all your milestones so far!
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    Thanks Focus! We are all ready friends too. Guess not many Cali girls on here?
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Here here....135 to .lose....but I am here until 1am usually......MFP needs to create a IM window like FaceBook....that would be cool.
  • WussKat
    Options
    Hiya! Have added you as a friend and although I am in the UK my sister lives in California so I am nearly there :-))
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Southern California born and raised here and would love more friends to chat with, since I too tend to be up until 1 or 2am and the only people who are up at this time are across the pond.

25 y/o with 40+ pounds to lose.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jena (pronounced gina) I live in the High Desert and work in San Fernando I am not a student but I am an Admissions Officer in Community College :happy: Going to be 39 in March and I want one good year in my 30's that I can say was all around healthy so seeing as I only have 1 1/2 yrs left it seemed a good time to get crackin!! lol:tongue:
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Friend request being sent. I live in SoCal and you are right about everyone being done by the time I get on in the evenings. If you are playing around 10pm, even the community boards are quiet.
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the friend requests!! Can't wait to watch you all achieve your goals!!! Maybe now i won't feel left out and like I am just getting started when every one is all ready done with thier day!
  • mmaccree
    Options
    Hi all...

I'm pretty new to the site...11 days to be exact.

I have been losing since 7/22/10, but have more to lose than everyone here I think...When I started it was about 230 lbs to lose...

I'm in the Pasadena area...I work in Old Town Pasadena.

Hope to add new friends.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    mmaccree - since you work in Old Town you can hit up 21 Choices for some delicious guilt-free frozen yummyness!
  • Jess_03
    Jess_03 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm SoCal born and raised and recently transplanted to the East Coast for work. However I'm often back in SoCal to see family and friends.
  • asm12707
    Options
    hi, im from LA, trying to loose 41 pounds. i am also starting school in Feb, and i work full time. good luck on your journey:smile:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and have about 50 more lbs to go. I live in the sacramento area. It looks like most of the people here are from southern ca It is nice to find people that live close to home. feel free to add me
  • MHDesigns
    MHDesigns Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 35 and have about 60 lbs to go. I'm in Pasadena now but have also lived in Placerville so that covers both ends of the state. I work full time at a desk all day. I've had trouble finding time and staying motivated since my 3.5 yr old son was born although much of the weight is from before my first son who is almost 10 was born. So I thought I would try again with a network. I started again 2 days ago. Send me a request if you too need another buddy! :)
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    So who all is enjoying this splendid California Winter weather?
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I sure am! Infact i was in such a downhill unhealthy spiral and its amazing what some sun will do....got my mindset to get back on trrack and make the rest of this year as best as I possibly can, afterall swimming season is creepin up fast!!