Needed to share.. Proud of myself!

Options
svgaedtke
svgaedtke Posts: 69 Member
I just ran a mile!!!!! I know that for many this may be a drop in the bucket, but for me this is HUGE! Last year at this time I was on week 3 or 4 of C25K and running 3 mins was Hard for me. I haven't ran a mile since High School... (plus I usually cheated by walking spurts) More NSV for me, I have lost 2 inches on my waist, .5 inches on my neck and 1.5 inches on my hips.. Gooo me, and Goooooo you!

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!!! I am hoping to get there myself! I am NOT a runner.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    WOOOOTWOOOO! Way to go!! Keep up the good work!! :happy:
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    Are you kidding?! That's awesome! I can't run longer than 15 seconds.....literally. Way to go!!! :bigsmile:
  • svgaedtke
    svgaedtke Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    ::::::Proud Little Smirk::::: This probably shouldn't be such a big deal... But for me it is... I am 210 (last time I weighed in), and other then the last 2 weeks, I haven't worked out in a year.
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! It totally is a big deal.
  • missgreen74_2003
    missgreen74_2003 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! don't ever feel silly for being proud of the work you put in or the results you get. Every lil bit counts!! :D Way to go. I can't wait till i can run even 1/2 mile!
  • bpdai
    bpdai Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You go girl! I have trouble walking a mile these days. But I am working on changing that. Thanks for being a good example.
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    Great job that is what I am working my way up to do!
  • PrincessNazareth
    PrincessNazareth Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great Job on the run! I love your enthusiasm!
    Keep motivates and you will reach your goal in no time.
    Keep Rocking!
  • comegetsome
    Options
    wtg....im jealous
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm at the week 3 of C25K level right now and am so looking forward to being able to run for longer!
  • songofserenity81
    songofserenity81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    absolutely fantastic :smile: you have every right to be proud of your accomplishments.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    nice job!!!
  • brendabryan
    Options
    That is so great!! I look forward to the day I can run a mile. I just recently started this & it takes me 15 min to walk/jog a mile!!! I have a lot of work to do to be able to run a mile-you deserve to be proud!! I would be!
  • deanna324
    deanna324 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That would be a huge accomplishment for me as well.
  • supertempdonna
    Options
    Wow - you are my inspiration! I'm on Week 2 of the programme so have a looong way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!