Scale Difference

Okay, I know different scales can be different but I am talking about the same scale now. I have an electonic and scale whenever I weigh myself, first number is ALWAYS HIGHER. Then I step again and see a 2-3 lbs lower number, ıf I step for the third time I will see the lower number again. Is this normal? Does my scale is correcting itself? :D

Replies

• Very normal for digital scales. The only really spot-on-hand-to-god-accurate scales are the ones in doctor's offices, with the sliding weight on the bar. Those bad boys get calibrated. Ours....not so much. I am so OCD that I step on the darn thing 5 times and take the weight that is closest to the middle. (Yep - should probably seek help for that. Could get myself weighed at the same time, too!) Just be happy if the general progression is in a southerly direction. ;)

Edited to correct spelling error... Ugh. Couldn't just let it go.
  • Very normal for digital scales. The only really spot-on-hand-to-god-accurate scales are the ones in doctor's offices, with the sliding weight on the bar. Those bad boys get calibrated. Ours....not so much. I am so OCD that I step on the darn thing 5 times and take the weight that is closest to the middle. (Yep - should probably seek help for that. Could get myself weighed at the same time, too!) Just be happy if the general progression is in a southerly direction. ;)

Edited to correct spelling error... Ugh. Couldn't just let it go.

Even if I step for 134353 times I will get the second.. To be honest I cant remember weighing myself at doctors office.. But I step on different scales time to time ( the ones at shopping mall, at my friends house) to make myself sure I'm always at the same range. Because I will be really sad If my scale is wrong and I am actually 10 lbs higher :D Luckily the biggest difference were 3 lbs