Vegetarians, lifters, help!

Options
Hey everyone,

I've been struggling to stay on track in my weight loss journey :( It seems to be harder on me because I'm a vegetarian with a child's eating habits! I've tried making a list and picking and choosing the foods that I can slowly work into my diet. Vegetarians, please give me some tips to help my diet.

Also, I am beginning a workout routine where I'd like to start lifting. I will be doing a high intensity workout and some cardio twice a week. I don't want to step into the lifting area without looking like a complete idiot :( Lifters, please shed some light on what I can incorporate into my workout.

Replies

• MichaelRobinson1994
    MichaelRobinson1994 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    For your lifting, head over to Stronglifts.com it's got a great program for beginners and can be used for a long time to get some awesome strength and good muscle gains from.

What is your diet currently liked, I'll have a look at your diary after I post this, but it would be helpful if you could post an 'average day' for you in terms of what you eat.

EDIT: I have added you so you can look at my food diary, I've only been vegetarian for a few days but my diet is continually changing and improving bit by bit.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    It would be helpful if you opened your diary so we could see what you're currently eating.

In terms of lifting there are plenty of beginner programmes, such as StrongLifts 5x5, New Rules of Lifting, Ice Cream Fitness 5x5. It may be worth hiring a trainer for a couple of sessions. State specifically that you want to lift heavy and ask them to show you how to perform the main compound lifts. Once you've learned the lifts you can start adding weight and lifting without a trainer.

Read this post too, Sara is a vegetarian MFP vet. and she can lift more than most men I know: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/903628-one-year-of-barbells-and-ice-cream-my-story-so-far-pics