In need of a boost.

Options
Hi, my name is Alyssa. My friend told me about this site and how helpful it has been to her, and convinced me to give it a try. I could certainly use the help. A little about me; I've been struggling with weight gain since I was 8 years old, and have continued to gain weight for most of my life. I stopped gaining about 2 or 3 years ago and have maintained a fairly constant weight ever since, but I also haven't lost any. I want to be healthy, and I want to be fit. There's so much that I want to do, but can't. Like running, hiking, jumping out of airplanes, amusement parks (i exceed most weight limits), etc. I feel like an adventurous person stuck in a 290 lb girls body. I have receieved some bitter motivation recently to lose weight, and have been working out 30 minutes a day, taking my dog out for walks every morning, eating healthy foods, balanced meals, trying to sleep proper hours, cutting back on portions, etc. However, I'm beginning to feel a slip in motivation. I'm feeling more and more like I have to trudge my feet through quick sand. I am looking forward to using this site, and hopefully it can give me the little push I need. So far, I'm liking what I see! Any and all advice is appreciated, and always looking for friends. =)

Replies

• xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome :smile:
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Words to remember , you didn't get to where you are overnight and you won't get to where you wish to be that quickly either. It's a long road but one totally well worth it. If I were in your shoes (and I'm close starting at 270) I would use those things you wish to do as rewards for progress. Hang in there , it gets easier & you'll fell better. Feel free to add.
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to you. This is a sgreat site with a lot of helpful people!
  • shelbz2684
    Options
    Hi Alyssa. Welcome to the site. Willpower, you can do it!! :)
  • silvereyes01
    silvereyes01 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi there, and welcome to MFP! I too have struggled with being overweight my whole life and I have just reached a point where I am sick of it and I'm going to put an end to it. Your biggest boost is going to be what you want yourself to look like, and us here on MFP will offer lots of encouragment! You can do it! It is hard work to get to your goal, and it does take some time, but as long as you eat correctly and do some sort of excercise, you will start to see results. Don't give up! It's so easy to say forget it, and throw in the towel, but keep yourself determined to reach your goal. If you have a bad day, which we all do, tomorrow is another day, just start fresh and get back on track. I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey!
  • gennybunny
    Options
    Hi Alyssa,
    To lose alot of weight can seem very daunting. I know, I have 70 pounds to lose. I try to break it into smaller goals to help not get to discouraged. They don't need to be scale goals either, they can be things like- walked an extra 10 mins, ate an extra serving of veg. You get the idea. I'm also trying to reward myself along the way eg. I bought a new nail polish at a spa when I completed 1weeks goal of working out. This weeks goal is to track for a week straight no matter what, and when I complete that, I'm going treat myself to a day trip out if town and a picknick and a hike. I love the support on here and you can friend me if you want. Take it one day at a time and before you know it, it will be second nature. :)
  • paulettac
    paulettac Posts: 101
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • kellycarter
    Options
    Hi Alyssa! I just joined as well, and so far, I am amazed at all of the support and tools you find on this site! Not only are you communicating with others that are going through the same thing, you can read food diaries, and excersize diaries and see exactly how some are able to get the weight off.
    You have to be Ready for this. Just as with quitting any addiction, if you aren't ready to change, you probably won't! I finally decided I am tired of people saying, you just had a baby, you look great" No I had a baby 8 months ago, and I'm bigger than I've ever been! It's time for me to focus on changing not only my lifestyle, but leading a good example for my children to live a healthy lifestyle as well.

Good luck to you! I consider everyone on this site a friend, and somewhere I can go to for support and questions with my weight loss!
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    yay!!! im so glad you joined :)
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    Options
    thanks! =)
  • ohnuts14
    Options
    Thanks! I appreciate it. Added you! And you're right, those would make amazing rewards. =)
  • ohnuts14
    Options
    Thanks!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are going to love this site! :)