Shine users?

Options
Anybody out there using Shine (by Misfit)? There are some cool things about it - really small, waterproof, and can track things like cycling, and there are some less cool things about it - just a little buggy in the app and doesn't always bring up the time in the device, etc.

Anyhow wondering if anyone else has used it.

Replies

• HeaYouTiti
    Options
    I'm considering buying one myself. I tried the FitBit Flex and had to return it because it would not sync with my phone or track my stats. It was SO stressful it was defeating the purpose of getting it to help my lifestyle changes. But the Shine info I've read seems as if it's easier since it only connects via phone and not computer. Is that your take on it too?
  • ag27404
    ag27404 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have a Shine (I have not used any other device similar to this so my experience is limited to it) and I have not been overly impressed with it. I got the Shine because supposedly it could track swimming as well as cycling and running. I didn't found that it tracked swimming at all. It does well for walking, running and cycling but that is only part of my work out. I found I missed my goal most days because of what it doesn't track. They do have good support (although they couldn't fix my issue with the swimming - what they told me was sort of ridiculous). But really for me it was an expensive watch. I'm trying it again because it now links with the MFP app. But if that doesn't impress me, I think I'm going to sell it on Craigslist.
  • 5hread
    5hread Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've connected the two and found it works really well. It does log things like swimming and basketball more accurately after you've completed the activity (through the app). Simple, easy to follow tracking of exercise integrated into MFP for daily goals. I've not used any other trackers, but can't see a reason to switch.