Headaches

Options
Hi,

Is anyone else getting headaches while losing weight? I am following the 1 pound a week and I do not deprive myself. I am exercising and eating healthy. I am also taking a multiple vitamin for women. I have also experienced feeling cold. I used to always get cold when I was thin. I hated that and hate to see it come back. Anyone know why we get headaches when losing weight or why we have trouble staying warm at times?

Connie Lynn:heart:

Replies

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Is anyone else getting headaches while losing weight? I am following the 1 pound a week and I do not deprive myself. I am exercising and eating healthy. I am also taking a multiple vitamin for women. I have also experienced feeling cold. I used to always get cold when I was thin. I hated that and hate to see it come back. Anyone know why we get headaches when losing weight or why we have trouble staying warm at times?

Connie Lynn:heart:
  • fitzio1015
    Options
    did you cut out all caffine...that could do it...try having a lil a day.....
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yeah...caffine was my first thought as well. If not, it may just be your body getting used to the new life style. If it persists, I would talk to a doctor.

*kistinbee*
  • ConnieLynn
    Options
    Hi and thank you for that idea, but I have not cut out coffee. I have 1-2 cups a day.

Hoping to solve the headache mystery,

Connie Lynn:smile:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Maybe now that you are cutting calories you are automatically cutting out more refined sugars. Refined sugars are naturally higher in calories and you are consiously or unconsiously avoiding them, possibly suffering from some withdrawls. Also make sure your fluids are high, dehydration headaches are not uncommon
  • jmueller
    Options
    I remember when I was being drastic about losing weight (not saying that you are), I would get the chills and have constant headaches. I think you may want to check with your doctor about your diet - just to make sure you aren't denying yourself whatever it is you may need. I don't mean that you are doing anything purposefully, but sometimes it's possible to be more drastic than we realize.
  • ConnieLynn
    Options
    Hi and thank you so much. That makes sense. I had not thought of the sugar issue. What do I do to ease into this? I am still eating some sugar, had 9 chocolate kisses today. I guess it will just take some time for my body to get use to less refined sugar.

Blessings to all of you for your help. What a great group of people on this site.

Connie Lynn:smile:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I remember when I was being drastic about losing weight (not saying that you are), I would get the chills and have constant headaches. I think you may want to check with your doctor about your diet - just to make sure you aren't denying yourself whatever it is you may need. I don't mean that you are doing anything purposefully, but sometimes it's possible to be more drastic than we realize.

Excellent thought, our body will definately tell us if it doesn't like what we are doing to it.

:flowerforyou:
  • ConnieLynn
    Options
    Hi everyone and thank you for your help.

I think sugar was the issue. It may have been lower blood pressure as well.

I did not have a headache the next day, so I am happy about that. I will try having sugar when I get a headache and see if that helps. I will also try moving around if it is a blood pressure issue. We will see what happens.

I have felt light headed today, but I am sure my body is just adjusting to the reduced calorie intake. I am learing how important it is to prepare each meal to feed myself with the best nutrition each time.

I imagine we will all get very good at eating well!

Blessings to you for your help and kindness.

Connie Lynn :heart:
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It has helped me to drink all my water each day. If I skimp (like I did yesterday) I can really feel it the next day. I only had 32 oz. yesterday and this morning I had a headache and was very thirsty.