Newbie lost 4 lbs woot!

Options
lol hi i'm lovin this fitness pal. I can keep track of my food during the day and the weight loss seems like it's because i'm holding myself accountable for what I eat. I never lost weight responsibly before so this is all new to me. AND it's helping me to balance my checkbook again!! I ate like an atm withdrawl. Always there to splurge on without thinking. I know, i know, bad habits.

So yeh only down four lbs. NBD. BUT! down 4 lbs because of me. Not because of stress, or water pills, or lack of eating, or a new guy or the old guy dumped me. It's down because I'm caring for myself. I like that. One day at a time!!

Replies

• annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • kyliedurnan
    kyliedurnan Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    congrats! keep up the hard work:)
  • forttc
    forttc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbie! I've been doing this for 10 days now and it's great. I have never lost weight this way either and I was so surprised how many calories some foods have and how much I was really eating. I also like to look at the success stories because it helps to give me incentive. The charts are great too. Well good luck. You sound like you have a positive outlook so I'm sure you'll succeed.
  • peachea
    peachea Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    thanks! i'm down another pound this morning. i guess it's going fast because I have lots to lose and i suppose it's water etc. i set my calories for 1200 without exercise. its working well so far. except i find i'm a little hungrier, so to combat that, i'm eating foods that have sustenance like oatmeal with no sugar, more fiber etc. they hold me over longer so it's working. eventually i'll start exercising and up my calories, but for now, this is good. i hope you all reach your goals this year!! what a great feeling to be on your way to something wonderful.
  • Cranergirl80
    Options
    DO IT UP!!!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding? "No big deal?" Yes it is! That's awesome! Way to go. :)
  • majikal6
    Options
    Woot Woot!!! Way to kick it!!

That's awesome. :happy:
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Power to ya! :)) It sounds like it's going well so far! I'm doing the same: 1200 kcal without exercise, and I've dropped 5 lbs (at my height, it's quite a lot!).

Best of luck to you!
  • peachea
    Options
    ok it is a big deal!!! lol wow it's so great to be doing this with others. awesome thanks!!
  • peachea
    Options
    wow thats wonderful gimedatnow! good goin!
  • mommamo5
    Options
    Way to go...you are doing great!