GOOD BREAKFAST RECIPES.

Options
Hey guys, I'm having issues meeting my calorie requirements (as I've stated before) and I know part of the problem is that I don't eat breakfast ever and rarely eat lunch. So I'm looking for some good breakfast recipes under 200 calories. I love anything sweet. Muffins, french toast.. etc. I like eggs, but not every day. Only to an extent. I love bread.. but what are you gonna do. :P

Any yummy recipes?

Replies

• dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's under 200 calories...but Kashi Go Lean Oatmeal (cinnamon kind) with a little spoonful of peanut butter is awesome. If I'm in a hurry, I heat up a little water in a tea kettle and pour it over the oatmeal & pb in a thermos to go.
  • DuKristin
    Options
    Thomas' Bagels now come in thins! They are 110 calories. I use a little I can't believe it's not butter spray butter, which is 0 calories, and off I go!
  • capenron
    Options
    I bought these things called Crumpets ( kinda like an english muffin) toast it... spread it with one wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese and put 3 slices of canadian bacon on it and pop it in the microwave for 20 seconds... filling and it's 118 calories. Also half of an english muffin with Almond Butter on it is good too. :smile:
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Check out www.hungry-girl.com

I often have her egg mugs - classic is my "go to"

Stir some canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice into regular oatmeal.

Better Oats makes an Oat Fit instant in Cinnamon Roll that is yummy and 100 calories.

If you live where they have Trader Joes - they have a low fat frozen french toast that is good with a swipe of their Pumpkin Butter.

This was posted a week or so ago - looked good:

Oatmeal - For 2-3 servings:

2 apples, cored and chopped
    2/3 cup of uncooked steel-cut oatmeal
    1 3/4 cups of water
    Cinnamon
    Nutmeg

1. Add the water and apples to a pot and cook over medium high heat until boiling.

2. Add the oatmeal and spices (to taste), and bring back to a boil. As the oatmeal thickens, reduce heat to low and cook for 15-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Note: I was at the low end for cooking time, because I wanted crunchier, not mushy, oatmeal. I think the oatmeal was 280 calories, plus the apples. Yum!