Options
13»

Replies

• Morgan5647
    Morgan5647 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I'm Irish! 100%,

Woo Hoo! We found one :)

There doesn't seem to be many , there is a girl from dub in my friends list.
  • skimbo82
    skimbo82 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Does Northern Irish count?

If so, :drinker:
  • Morgan5647
    Options
    Yes I'm from the north
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    ...he also ordered a drink that is common in the states and was one of his favorites. The pub fell silent. Took him a while to realize his mistake. He'd ordered an "Irish Car Bomb". The bartender recovered quickly and probably saved my bf's behind - asked him what that was. Guinness with a shot of bailey's. He said they have something similar, only they add creme de menthe and call it a Gorilla snot. Came close to having an awesome "bar fight in a foreign country" story - but thanks to the barkeep, only have an "embarassing american tourist faux paus" story.

lol
  • Stephie2612
    Options
    Does Northern Irish count?

If so, :drinker:

Of course it does!
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Well, I live in Chicago and you can't swing a dead cat without hitting "someone of Irish decent".
  • Morgan5647
    Options
    I love the whole Irish decent thing lol stephue where you from?
  • Cabrinired
    Options
    I'm 100% Irish :smile:
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's Irish (I'm not!) and he's from Clonmel. He's actually going to Ireland for the weekend :)

We're planning to go together just after Christmas! I hope!

Tipperary seems to be the place everyone is from (or their family was from) on here!

Could be all the Magners :drinker:
  • Stephie2612
    Options
    I love the whole Irish decent thing lol stephue where you from?

I'm from Clare....100% Irish!
  • Stephie2612
    Options
    I'm 100% Irish :smile:

There is hope yet that we are not outnumbered haha
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I'm half, by heritage. . .
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Im irish....when I have a bottle of Jameson in my hands!
  • justinitsul
    justinitsul Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I have Irish in me!
  • Stephie2612
    Options
    Im irish....when I have a bottle of Jameson in my hands!

Aren't we all?!
  • alecdlewis1
    alecdlewis1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm of northern Irish decent- a strange mix of Black-Irish and Scottish and then my mother is Polish. I've always wanted to go visit, especially now that I have a friend that lives in Dublin.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I am Irish, Scots-Irish, Scottish, and English (with a little German, Dutch, and Flemish thrown in for the fun of it) but seem to identify most with the Irish part of my heritage, even though all of my ancestors were already in the US by the 1860's (and some came here as early as the 1600's)

I have been to Ireland and visited the town in Co. Kildare where my gr-gr-grandmother was born. I didn't make it up to Co. Down where my 3 times great grandparents were born (the Scots-Irish part). I need to go back
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Me! Me! Me! I'm Irish! I was born, raised and still live in Belfast, and I've never been out of Ireland for the entirety of my life thus far, and... And... I don't know what else to say now. :laugh:
  • __Bad_Leroy
    Options
    Irish American. How Irish? Enough to know that the proper response to "Top of the morning to you" is "And the rest of the day to yourself".

Please add me. Need more friends who understany why I have so much Jameson in my diary.