Cycle Zone/ Spin Class

Options
Took my first Cycle Zone/Spin class on Monday and can say that was the best cardio workout I think I have ever had. My question is how many days a week should I take the class?

Replies

• shayjay91
    Options
    3 days a week it is...Mon, Wed and Fri.
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I try to spin 3x a week
  • maryisonamission
    Options
    Has anyone lost weight with Spinning class? longterm weight loss ?!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I would do it 3x/week, for sure. It's always good to have a day off inbetween when you're new to such an exercise.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I cycle in the nicer months and do a bit of cyclocross racing in the fall. I spin a bit in the winter...usually 3x weekly but my focus really goes to the weight room in the winter..I just do enough spin to keep up with things so that I'm not going to die in the spring when I start road endurance training.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    Has anyone lost weight with Spinning class? longterm weight loss ?!

weight loss is about energy balance, not what kind of exercise you are doing.
  • maryisonamission
    Options
    thanks for the quick reply... and I like your advice! I tend to be narrow minded and set up my self with short term weight loss goals, lose the weight then gain it back. .. I'm trying to commit myself to exercise as a lifestyle change. what foods do u recommend sir?
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    thanks for the quick reply... and I like your advice! I tend to be narrow minded and set up my self with short term weight loss goals, lose the weight then gain it back. .. I'm trying to commit myself to exercise as a lifestyle change. what foods do u recommend sir?

It's not about what foods to eat.. It's about eating a calorie deficit. That is how you lose weight. Exercising helps great a greater deficit.

Are you logging your food?
  • shayjay91
    Options
    I have done cardio many times but have never had the workout I have with the Cycle Zone/ Spin Class. Looking forward to next weeks classes and pushing myself further I have ever before.