Dealing with muscular legs.

Options
2»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    ETA - Chun-li is freaking SEXY. It might help to research other women of your ethnicity who have similar body types to yours. How do they rock those curves?

I was going to come here and say exactly that.

Chun-Li = hot as all hell. Even when Ming Na played Chun-Li.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a natural body shape. No matter what kind of exercise you do, as long as you are in a calorie deficit, the only thing that you will accomplish is to reveal that natural shape. If you want to go for a more symmetrical or balanced look, your only option is to add muscle mass to the upper body (specifically targeting the lats, chest, and shoulders) to bring them up to speed with your lower body. This, really, is your only option. Otherwise all you'll end up doing is further accenting your natural body shape. Learn to love yourself.

Also, a quick google search showing how many male fans are obsessed with Chun Li and the way she looks will show you that it's not a bad thing. Google search the words "real life Chun li" and you will see what i mean.

The only problem here is the fact that you say you've been ridiculed by your family for your body shape. You certainly don't need their approval to look the way you were born.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    pics of legs?
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Huh? Lol

I run 10 miles a day.. Check out my "beefy" legs. I don't see what the problem is? I'd rather have big legs. My legs muscles make me happy :-)
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to get rid of muscular legs? Start squating heavy if you don't already and enjoy the wheels.
  • burtnyks
    burtnyks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I don't see your stats, but it could be a bodyfat issue that make you think you have "big" legs. I too thought my legs were big and bulky until I lost about 20 lbs. Much smaller than I thought. Now I'm trying to build them up to have a nice shape. You may in fact have muscular legs, but if they are holding excess fat they will appear bigger. If you lose a little fat you may find you like their shape more.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Good problem to have, bigger muscles burn more calories when you work them. Hello heavier squats+++
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Emrace them. :smile:

I have naturally muscular calves and thighs (you should see my father's, his are massive!). When I was overweight they still had the same shape. However, they're more defined now and I have lost fat on my thighs, so the muscles are more pronounced.

I say, rock out those squats - you probably kick *kitten*!

Love what your Mama gave ya!!
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    p.s. I also ran a lot when I was at my lowest weight (I had a bout of anorexia), and my legs were still muscular looking. I was less than 90 pounds at the time (I'm 4'10"). So you can't change genetics.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Rock THEM Chun Li's. I also would like pics of them, OP
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Rock THEM Chun Li's. I also would like pics of them, OP

You win the MFP title prize for today!!!
  • jrodri0105
    jrodri0105 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If you want "lean legs," u need to keep lifting heavy with your lower body too. If you're trying to lose fat than you must stay on a calorie deficit. For pear shapes we tend to lean out in our upper bodies first. So, if you start to noticing that you're too lean in the upper body. You may want to change your goals and do a calories surplus to gain muscle. Until you feel you put more weight on your upper body than you'll go back to a calorie deficit. It will take a couple of cycles between calorie deficit & calorie surplus, back & forth till you're happy. That's the only way you're going to eventually lose the body fat on your lower legs.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    well for me it's primarily genetics. i've been a distance runner for years, daily clocking 8+ miles. i am short and stocky, my legs are thick and muscular, and no matter how long i run they will never be thin, skinny legs.

i am learning to embrace it, and be thankful for my short, compact, stockiness. i tell myself that is what allows me to run the distances i do without (too many or too debilitating) injury (yet) *knock on wood*
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    p.s. I also ran a lot when I was at my lowest weight ..., and my legs were still muscular looking. I was less than 90 pounds at the time (I'm 4'10"). So you can't change genetics.
    this! said much more succinctly than i.
  • rogerOb1
    rogerOb1 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    well for me it's primarily genetics. i've been a distance runner for years, daily clocking 8+ miles. i am short and stocky, my legs are thick and muscular, and no matter how long i run they will never be thin, skinny legs.

i am learning to embrace it, and be thankful for my short, compact, stockiness. i tell myself that is what allows me to run the distances i do without (too many or too debilitating) injury (yet) *knock on wood*

You may well be short, but based on that pic, I don't think you'd qualify as "stocky". You look quite lean.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

i think i'm missing the chun li vibe.....
  • riverain
    riverain Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    If you are going to embrace your thighs, might as well have strong & shapely over flabby! I've always had seriously deadly thunder thighs (I always had the muscle, and now lots of fat on top of it). They looked the best when I was doing lots of leg work. It made sure they kept the cartoon curves and didn't turn into lumpy logs. My goal is to work my thighs back into thoroughbred form with a combination of strength, jogging, and pilates. As far as long distance running, I don't know what it does for muscles... but if you like it, keep doing it!