Plexus slim. does it work

Options

Replies

• sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    It absolutely works! But like everything, it works best used in conjunction with diet and exercise. I'm been using it to supplement my weight loss journey and in 9 months I have lost a total 45.5kg..... Just over 100 pounds. It definitely improves the balancing of the sugar levels, helps minimise cravings and gives me a LOT more energy. Sure, it's not a quick fix, but nothing in life worth having is a quick fix.

Prove to me your weight loss is from Plexus alone and not as a result of the bolded statement above.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone . I just started on plexus slim drink and acceleration to help me with weight loss. I know it takes exercise and eating right in order to loose but I needed an extra boost . The weight is just not coming off..wondering if anyone on here does plexus and is it working for youm.any changes ? Thanks . By the way I could always use more new friends to.encourage me. Feel.free to add
    If you are not losing weight you are not eating at a calorie deficit.

That plexus stuff is a scam. It's not magic.

The only way to lose Wright is to eat less than you burn.
  • mamato2beauties
    mamato2beauties Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was just reading your post... was searching about Plexus because I was considering it, but... your issue of not being able to lose made me think of what I had going on after I had my daughter. Have you gotten your thyroid checked? I had postpartum hypothyroidism and had to go on medicine to regulate it. That thyroid can cause a lot of things to be stagnant, such as weight loss! I was losing hair and had mood swings and really tried to diagnose myself with ADHD because my mind felt so scrambled! Also, I was so tired!!
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    . All u wanted was positive feedback. Not all these negativity .

200.gif
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No, it doesn't work. The diet and exercise - that's what works.

Don't give people your money to lose weight. It's not required.

Find me a doctor who suggests that giving your money away will help you lose weight and I'll find you a doctor who is selling something.

If you diet and exercise, you can lose weight without giving your money away. If you overeat, a million dollars won't buy your way into weight loss.

The thing that works is YOU!!!

Save the money for the new clothes you'll need. Or send it to me. I promise that, barring some medical problem, if you send your money to me and you diet and exercise, you will lose weight!!!
  • dina1978anderson
    Options
    I can tell you....I was doing ViSalus.....and everyone posted the same crap as what people are posting on here but it DID WORK FOR ME!!!!!! EVERYONE WILL BE NEGATIVE no matter what you are asking about!! Some products take time for your body to adjust to them. These products can work, but you can't eat fast food on them or candy bars, you still need to eat right and exercise. But these products can help in the loss. I would give it a little more time - and they do have a money back guarantee I think. Good luck in your journey!!
  • dina1978anderson
    Options
    And not all diet products such as this are scams - so if you haven't tried it - keep your negative opinions to yourselves!!!!
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who a actually had something nice and positive to say. Im not an idoit and I know their is no magic pill for weight loss . It's about eating right too. I just feel.so attacked by some of these comments on here .makes Me not want to post ever again. I used to be a trainer along time ago when I was in shape. There's a lot of products out their that have worse ingredients in them for anyone who body builds and Weight training. What my husband uses from vitamin shop is hole lot worse. All u wanted was positive feedback. Not all these negativity .

Please note that the OP wants only positive reviews of Plexus Slim working for other people.

The title of her topic is "Plexus Slim. does it work"

She has clarified to us that she was once a trainer, and now she feels attacked because people are not giving positive reviews of how Plexus Slim worked for them.

This.is.awesome. I'm out.

its-friday.-im-outta-here.-see-ya_816.gif
  • sweetcoolguy
    Options
    Hey, I have been taking Plexus for 2 months and this product is incredible, my mom lost more weight than I have and I have been on it longer. It depends on the person and their body, I do a lot of upper body so this basically sheds the fat but I have lost a lot of inches. But it works, but I still try to eat healthy. I wish you well on your journey.
  • eknudson26
    eknudson26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

I got sucked into this by a Diamond Ambassador who lost 85 pounds in a year. I lost 9 pounds on the slim and accelerator. I didn't want to keep taking the accelerator. I quite and gained half the weight back. I continued to take the slim (started March 2014). I haven't lost weight. I still crave sweets. My Dad has lost weight steadily. I am not overweight. I don't drink. I don't overeat etc. Honestly I think its PLACEBO. YOU GET EXCITED THE PRODUCT WILL HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT SO YOU START TO EAT BETTER. Then they add on the Bio, Probio X Factor if you don't loose weight before you know it you are out hundreds! All of the people I know began to get into fitness and eating better when they started taking it. I have a friend who is a Bio-Physicist at Washington University. He said if there are no clinical trials or not a lot of them it's bogus. In addition if the product really worked all the pharmaceutical companies would be steeling that formula. It is not a proprietary blend. There is no secret ingredient. It's not that hard to take Chromium, Garcinia Cambogia, beet extract and stevia. In addition 30 pounds in 3 months is not healthy! You will gain that back as soon as you quit taking it. The company is not product driven another sign the product doesn't work. Ambassadors are dependent on others signing up to be ambassadors in order to make money. They make the majority of their money off of new sign ups not residual sales. It really sucks because some old family friends signed us on. Once we started they had little time to speak with us. NO ANSWERS FOR WHY IT DIDN'T WORK. They also were misinformed or lied about the percentage rate of success they had. It is the year of MLM's. This is the 3rd one I have run into. If it sounds too good to be true it is. PLEXUS=SNAKE OIL
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I was on plexus for 5mths. Alot of money spent, but no weight loss whatsoever! I'm still on a few facebook plexus pages and their customers are dropping like flies. All the replies for help are the same: drink more water and add more products: pppfffttt
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I think you answered your own question - the weight isn't coming off. IMO - just another empty your wallet gimmick.
  • Cmora504
    Options
    Ok guys, I was looking to see what others had to say about Plexus only because I decided to give it another go. I see some say "yes" it works and others say "hell no" lol... However, my sister in law honestly lost 30 lbs over like 6 months.. and i'm not kidding you one bit.. I had not seen her in a while and met up with her when my mother in law was in the hospital. I was like.. omg you lost weight, well she told me about Plexus and she DID NOT take the accelerator. Come to find out her ambassador was someone I went to school with who also lost alot of weight using Plexus.. NOW.. FOR ME???? HMMM honestly it's all my fault because when I was drinking it on a regular basis.. I could see inches.. and lbs as well.. a total of 15 lbs.. in about i'd say 3 or 4 months.. not a lot of weight but atleast I was keeping it down.. not going up..but I'm bad when it comes to binge eating(sweets) I just like to eat! Point Blank.. however I stopped drinking it when I ran out and just kept up eating the junk. I can't lie.. I eat protein and veggies but what good does it do when I also eat candy, brownies, cakes chips, you name it.. and don't exercise.. well I did realize that when I eat all the junk and stuff I have NO ENERGY for exercise.. that's where I feel that the Plexus does help me... I'm just saying how I feel and from what I KNOW FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE, however, having said all that.. everyone is different.. I'm a firm believer that what works for some may not work for others.. and remember if you only have a couple of lbs to lose.. plexus may not work for you b/c you're pretty much starting out (overall) in better health, weight, body mass etc. When you are obese or have lots of weight to lose such as myself lol.. you tend to notice these things a little more.. well thats how I feel anyway.. but thanks for listening. I'm not going to say "OH ITS THE ULTIMATE WEIGHT LOSS" like Dr. Oz or something but I feel if you work it, it can work for you.. just sayin and yes i'm going to give it another go.. starting with the drink, accelerator and exercise.. giving up the junk.. we shall see... thanks :)
  • Cmora504
    Options
    Wow, great post.. one I can actually agree with.. from my own experience.. thanks ;)

sorry had to edit, i'm new at this myfitness,, blog thing and lost my place, lol it was suppose to be a reply to a post,, hahah happy dieting!
  • lbm1987
    lbm1987 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I bet if you just drank a glass of plain water before each meal you would get the same results as drinking some "pink drink." Have you tried consistent diet and exercise for an extended period of time before giving in to this diet fad? I personally think you would benefit a lot more from spending that money on a personal trainer. My personal trainer advises all of her clients to stay far away from Plexus due to limited long-term studies on its health risks and its high levels of chromium, which can damage your heart and kidneys.

On a side note, I know girls who sell Plexus and they spout all sorts of information about it "curing Autism" and other learning disabilities which I find very irresponsible and unethical coming from a diet company... They just want your money. They don't care about the health risks. Just work out hard and count calories. You can do it without the mystery concoction!
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    @annielaurie88 So, how'd it go?
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I just realized I was reading a thread from 2014. :/ When I didn't see any replies from the current MFP "anti-woo warriors", I thought maybe something was up and checked the date. Yep, another necro thread.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @annielaurie88 So, how'd it go?

Considering she posted this in 2014, and in Jan of 2017 she was here looking for motivation to lose 100lbs, with no mention of Plexus...

ETA: no disparagement for anyone who comes back after trying something, I've done it myself. But just to say I'd not be expecting a glowing Plexus success story.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Let's take a look at the ingredients...

Xylooligosaccharide, Green coffee (Coffea robusta) bean extract, Garcinia cambogia fruit extract, alpha lipoic acid, Mulberry (Morus alba) fruit extract, Chromium, Citric acid, natural flavors, stevia (Stevia rebaudiana) leaf extract, beet (Beta vulgaris) root extract and other fruit and vegetable juice (for color), cellulose gum, silicon dioxide

Xylooligosaccharide - a promising prebiotic. Good for gut flora.
    Green coffee bean extract - some anecdotal reports to help weight loss but no reliable studies.
    Garcinia cambogia - touted as a weight loss aid but no reliable human studies.
    Alpha lipoic acid - antioxidant, has shown benefit against oxidation and inflammation and may decrease blood glucose.
    Mulberry fruit extract - antioxidant
    Chromium - mineral that regulates insulin, but unless deficient, supplementing does not provide additional benefit

And everything else on the list is for flavour and colour.

SO - overall, it doesn't seem terrible, but I don't see any ingredients that reliably aid in weight loss. Prebiotics and antioxidants are good for you, so if that's your goal, it seems like a fine supplement. If you need help regulating insulin and blood glucose, it looks like it could help. But I don't see how it would help with weight loss whatsoever.

edit: Old thread or not, hopefully this will help someone. :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Appropriate for Halloween.

8ykb81g3y4c8.jpg