What are some filling/satisfying foods that you like?

Options
What foods fill you up and satisfy you the most for different meals?

I've started taking Nature Valley crunchy granola bars for breakfast when I'm on the go or not up to making something. They're surprisingly filling. 2 bars for about 180 - 200 calories and I'm perfectly satisfied until lunch. It's rare for me to not be super hungry by lunchtime, but these usually keep me going for hours.

Replies

• tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is sweet potato hash with either fried egg or hardboiled egg. I eat a lot of nut butter and avocados too.
  • bear2303
    bear2303 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I looooove baked Parmesan green beans! Just toss some washed green beans in a little olive oil, pepper and garlic salt and top with some parmesan and BAM awesome fry replacement for a tiny amount of calories!
  • Flanda
    Flanda Posts: 4
    Options
    LOVE the Fiber One protein bars for on the go snacks/breakfast! The coconut one tastes like Girl Scout cookies, but is secretly loaded with fiber and protein.
  • lizafava2
    lizafava2 Posts: 185
    Options
    Eggs and kale or some other kind of hearty green with avocado.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Steak
  • MzLaLa29
    MzLaLa29 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Cabbage and quinoa. That's my post-workout, go to meal. I have a cup of herbal tea to make my belly feel full and take myself to bed so I don't ruin all of my hard work lol
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast every morning at 6am and it keeps me full until lunch at 12:30. 370 calories. 1 tblsp butter, 2 eggs scrambled with baby spinach and sliced mushrooms, topped with 1oz shredded mozzarella melted, 0.5 tblsp avoacdo oil and hot sauce to taste. So satisfying.
  • reachingforarainbow
    reachingforarainbow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Veggie (with some meat) stirfry. and a bit of rice. Just a ton of veggies.
    And soup (normally around 1.5-2 servings fills me up)
    Protein bar for a quick, sweet snack.
    Hard boiled eggs.
    Apples (this is the best when I am really hungry, for some reason no other fruit fills me up as much as apples)
    Big bowls of oatmeal (cooked with up to 2 times as much water... Gotta cook it a bit longer and let it cool a bit longer, but its worth it)
    If its warm outside, a big salad or watermelon.
    Popcorn.... I like oil popped and I think it satisfies me more than air popped.
    I love pure protein premade shakes (that come in the bottles). Chocolate tastes like chocolate milk)
  • EuroDivas
    EuroDivas Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    What I like most for breakfast is an organic cherry yoghurt but it does not keep me full. When dieting, my favorite breakfast is oats with milk. 40 grams of uncooked oats or müsli with 150 ml of 1.5% fat milk. This is about 219 calories and It keeps me full until lunch. I do have a fruit now and then but I normally do not need it.