Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for support

Hello. My name is Tonja. I am looking for some more support. I have been a this site for a few years and did really well losing 70+ pounds and keeping it off for over 2 years but not I keep messing up and have been seeing the scale go up lately. I want so badly to get refocused. I don't really know what my problem is. I do so good all day long but then I've been blowing it in the evenings. I do not want to gain this weight back. Looking for support to get back on track. I hated carrying all the extra weight around.

Replies

• kimdyj
    kimdyj Posts: 224 Member
    Feel free to add me :)
  • katamom
    katamom Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Tonja -- i'm with ya! I need to get focused and make this a priority!! Feel free to add me as well -- anyone feel free -- I need support system :-)
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    I'll add you too but come and join us on our 3fc pals group. We are only 3 and i'd like more people to come and join us.

You might be interested to try the 5:2 fasting diet. I know i know. I didn't want to try it either for most of this year but i've recently just started and i think it might turn out to be a good solution to your problems.

but first i would say that being good all day sounds to me like you are not eating enough during the day. If you allow yourself to get too hungry then you will likely overeat. If you are well fed and well nourished when you need the available energy you might find you don't need to eat all evening.

if its not that, are you struggling with other things like depression or tiredness or stress? You need to address those. If its boredom, try going to bed earlier.

Back to the 5:2 diet. Its the latest craze but there are a lot of people who've been doing it for well over a year and doing fine on it. I think it will be a great maintenance diet. In maintenance they say you only need to fast one day a week but i guess i'll find out when i get there.

The idea is you fast two days a week either consecutively which i do, or separately which most people do. You eat 500 calories on your fast day. I prefer not starting to eat until i get hungry which is about lunch time. I have a big healthy meal with lots of vegies and now also protein. You are supposed to try to get 50g of protein but that seems too much for me. And then after that i just might have something light in the evening like a low calorie soup, a coffee with milk and the like. If i'm aware hunger or boredom is coming on, i make sure i go to bed early.

In our group 3fc pals, we have a discussion about fasting to jump start a diet. Look for that one. dorothy and i are both doing 5:2. You are welcome to join us in that forum and on those threads. Or start your own conversation with us. I find fasting to jump start a diet or just refocus very useful. That was what i was trying to do when dorothy persuaded me to go 5:2. She wasn't even trying to persuade me just reminded me it was an option because i had been trying to do a one day water fast which was very hard.
  • tjames719
    tjames719 Posts: 136 Member
    Thanks for the invite to your group. I joined it. I think I'm getting enough food during the day or at least I feel like I am. I think part of my eating problem comes from stress. I get home at night and cook dinner, deal with the kids then its time for me to sit down and do some homework. I find that this is the time I like to snack. You would think being busy with school stuff would keep me from putting food in my mouth but it doesn't. Ugh!