Feeling disgusting over Chinese food!

Options
Help :( I was stressed out and hungry late last night (like 3am) and ate some of my roommates leftover Chinese food. Which my body is no longer used to since I've been eating healthy and watching everything I eat. Today I feel bloated, nauseated, full, disgusting and have no appetite. All I had today was a cup of coffee... And I feel on the edge of hurling. How can I make this feeling go away??

Replies

• sweetmelissa222
    sweetmelissa222 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Up your water, Chinese is usually pretty high in sodium and that can contribute to that gross feeling.
  • LeonXC
    LeonXC Posts: 68
    Options
    Have a sardine milkshake.
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    The bloating is definitely due to sodium. Chinese food is chock full of it! I try to drink tons of water when i eat it and the day after.
  • arumping
    arumping Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    seconding the water thing... it will make you feel much better quicker.
  • ChristinaCCRN
    ChristinaCCRN Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! Grabbing a gallon of water now! :flowerforyou:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    All I had today was a cup of coffee... And I feel on the edge of hurling. How can I make this feeling go away??
    Seek professional help would be my thoughts because your reaction shows some really disordered thinking regarding food

Good luck
  • kschhr
    kschhr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    All I had today was a cup of coffee... And I feel on the edge of hurling. How can I make this feeling go away??
    Seek professional help would be my thoughts because your reaction shows some really disordered thinking regarding food

Good luck
    Wow really? No.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    You need to slowly reintroduce Chinese back into your diet. Ain't nothin' wrong with it.
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm prone to major bloat after a high sodium intake day. What has helped me is about 4 oz of 100% cranberry juice (not the stuff you find in your grocery store- mostly carried at farmer's market or Sprout's type stores) mixed in 50 oz of water. It really helps me ...I have 3 "doses" of that a week. Have NOT been bloated in a LONG time despite higher sodium days.
  • ChristinaCCRN
    Options

Good luck

Well that was really uncalled for. So every time someone feels sick and not like eating they need professional help??
    Looks like you're the one who has the disordered thinking :wink:
  • ChristinaCCRN
    Options
    I'm prone to major bloat after a high sodium intake day. What has helped me is about 4 oz of 100% cranberry juice (not the stuff you find in your grocery store- mostly carried at farmer's market or Sprout's type stores) mixed in 50 oz of water. It really helps me ...I have 3 "doses" of that a week. Have NOT been bloated in a LONG time despite higher sodium days.

Thanks! I'll definitely give that a try.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Help :( I was stressed out and hungry late last night (like 3am) and ate some of my roommates leftover Chinese food. Which my body is no longer used to since I've been eating healthy and watching everything I eat. Today I feel bloated, nauseated, full, disgusting and have no appetite. All I had today was a cup of coffee... And I feel on the edge of hurling. How can I make this feeling go away??

Maybe your roommate was trying to sabotage you for raiding his/her food in the middle of the night. lmao In all seriousness, I am sorry you are not feeling well. Hydrate and maybe try a tagament, tums or pepto bismol or something to help settle your stomach :(
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Good luck

Well that was really uncalled for. So every time someone feels sick and not like eating they need professional help??

Honestly, by what you've posted, it does sound more psychosomatic. Yes, Chinese food has a lot of sodium (depending on the dishes you get especially) but it's not unhealthy. It sounds like you are having a more emotional reaction to having eaten something that you deemed "unhealthy" more than the food actually affecting your body in some negative way.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Water.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I just had chinese, I'm gonna second the water. I also have to remember that I've got a 3 hour drive coming up too. I gotta remember where all the bathroom stops are Ha ha ha:bigsmile:

One day at a time. Today is not the last day of the world (or so we think anyways) tomorrow is a new day.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options

Good luck

Honestly, by what you've posted, it does sound more psychosomatic. Yes, Chinese food has a lot of sodium (depending on the dishes you get especially) but it's not unhealthy. It sounds like you are having a more emotional reaction to having eaten something that you deemed "unhealthy" more than the food actually affecting your body in some negative way.

^That.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    In this country Chinese takeaway is normally full of MSG. The side effects can leave you feeling strange and unwell. It's the only "treat" food I can't face nowadays.
  • bonkosaurusrex
    Options
    I'm sorry you don't feel well. May try some mint tea and lots of water?
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options

Good luck

^May sound harsh, but this is all too true. There is nothing inherently "unhealthy" about a one time eating of chinese food at 3am. The belief that you need to only eat "healthy" and making a decision to limit or avoid certain foods more likely results in a trap than anything else. Once you reintroduce foods into your diet, your body may have an adverse reaction, but that doesn't mean you aren't being "healthy". It's important to have a "healthy" mental relationship with food. Too often "healthy" or "clean" eaters will binge on food they deprive themselves of, then guilt themselves into not eating the next day, and use the way they "feel" as a valid reason to do so.

As long as there are no health reasons to limit or avoid certain foods, all foods can be enjoyed in moderation.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I actually have my best best long runs the day after eating chinese food that night. Lots of carbs in that fried rice to boost up my glygogen. I end up using like 3 packets of that soy sauce too. And i end up sweating all that sodium out after running 2-3 hours straight. I make sure I drink lots of water too.