New to Fitness Pal.....Hi!

Options
Hi Everyone! I'm excited about my new journey. I had joined my fitness pal back in 2007 but never used it. :( I've always had a weight problem, as a child into adulthood. I allowed myself to get to 246 lbs by the time I was 20 years old. For my 21st birthday I decided it was time for a change. I started exercising and making better eating choices. I lost about 80 lbs in 2 years and had never felt better. Then, at 25 yrs old, I had my first daughter (she's almost 17 now :)) I gained 64 lbs with that pregnancy and it took me another 3-4 years to get back down to about 168lbs. I maintained for a while until my son was born. Two years after he was born, we decided to have another....and at 200lbs I found out I was pregnant with twins! Another 6 years of trying to get back down and I finally reached my goal of 158 in 2013. I had never been that weight or felt healthier before. Then the weight started packing back on. I've gained 28 lbs of it back and I'm back up to 186.4 lbs as of this morning. This time around has been the hardest to "get back in the saddle". With kids activites and working full time, I had been too tired to even think about going to the gym. But I'm back on top of it. :) I joined an all women's gym and I'm so enjoying the different classes they offer. My sister in law asked me to join My Fitness Pal so we could motivate each other. So...starting Monday, i will be logging my intake and fitness. It's all about starting somewhere.....And so this is where I'm starting (over). ;) Hoping to connect with others who can help with keeping me encouraged. I sure could use it!!!

Replies

• sezziejm
    sezziejm Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi.. Good Luck with your weight loss journey, feel free to add me :)
  • Mjones23456
    Mjones23456 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club! Isn't it great to be in a club where you don't have to pay dues? :happy:
  • willbeskliz
    Options
    i am with you - sending a friend request right now
  • smmiranda
    smmiranda Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello tomuchfun!! Im with you I weigh the same amount and trying to lose :) ADD ME
  • MyTurn2BHappy
    MyTurn2BHappy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I'm in the same spot and need so much work!! :)
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the plunge! I had a similar amount to lose (started at 187 and I'm down to 169 now, so on the way!). Twins are fun, too! Mine are 10....just started the last year of elementary school :noway:
  • lumpy56lump
    lumpy56lump Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I log daily!