when the nutritional info is obviously off.

Options
2»

Replies

• nidlena
    nidlena Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever seen a entry on MFP or the restaurant's info page that seems to be so off it's almost absurd? For example: Applebees - Honey Pepper Chicken Tenders With Fries Lunch Combo, 1 Lunch Combo Portion in MFP, there is no way three baby tenders with a tablespoon of honey and 15-20 shoestring fries is almost a thousand calories.

Maybe the places down here are skimping on the official recipe but I've seen it other places too, I know people generally underestimate calorie counts but not that much.
    Yes,that's true, per Applebee's website it's 920 calories.
    http://www.applebees.com/~/media/docs/Applebees_Nutritional_Info.pdf
    I usually check restaurant menus online for nutritional information (if available) before I go there. It helps me to make wise decisions
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    (who puts actual bacon on a salad???)

The answer is Bacon, because bacon. /End
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever seen a entry on MFP or the restaurant's info page that seems to be so off it's almost absurd?

On MFP's database? Absolutely, you have to be careful about that.

On a restaurant site? If you think it's overestimating calories I'd maybe email the restaurant, but my guess is it might not be so absurd, as the restaurant would have an incentive to avoid overestimating calories.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

The answer is Bacon, because bacon. /End
    This.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

um- lots of people- almost every house salad you order comes with bacon- cheese and egg on it.

bacon bites are totally a thing.

Depends. Some over the counter bacon bits are bacon flavored crunchy things. On salad, they nasty. Real bacon or GTFO.

I didn't say I ate it- I just said it's a thing. I actually do not prefer bacon on my salads- I mean- I'll eat it- but I don't like bacon and cheese- I'm a bacon snob- I only eat a handful of things "with" bacon or "wrapped" in bacon. But i don't put it on everything- if I want bacon. I just want BACON.
    i had to do a triple-take last night because the recipe i created looked like it was logging too few calories. i had to go back in and re-check the ingredients (i weigh EV. REY. THING.) and the associated database foods just to make sure i was getting the right ones.

lol- I do that when I'm making sauces- or delicious treats. I'm always flabbergasted with how much meat sauce winds up being- it's obscene- like 500 calories for one serving (I only eat the meat and sauce- no pasta- so it's usually like 5 pound of meat split into xx servings) but STILL. i'ts a lot.

Treats wind up being less tan I expected but only because they are small- and then I eat to many LOL